Pre Match West Ham v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massive

I don’t want to see Castagne play LWB anymore, he’s just not offering enough attacking balance for me, either switch him and play Ricardo there or play Thomas

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Fofana Castagne

Praet Ndidi Tielemans

Maddison

Vardy Ihenacho

Vardy or Nacho as lone strikers would be terrible now I fear

once Barnes is back we need to go back to a back 4 with Maddison Barnes and Nacho all behind Vardy

but for this game, if Soyuncu is unavailable

Schmeichel

Castagne Fofana Evans Ricardo

Praet Ndidi Tielemans

Maddison

Nacho Vardy​

once Barnes is back we need to go back to a back 4 with Maddison Barnes and Nacho all behind Vardy

but for this game, if Soyuncu is unavailable

BR said that Soyuncu has tested positive and has to remain in Turkey now. Highly unlikely he'll be back until the FA Cup Semi at best.

Not only did Turkey play him three times inside a week, he then got COVID. Not great for us.

It's an absolute piss take

Some more points on Soyuncu, following his overplaying for Turkey and getting COVID with them.

Watching him play for Turkey, he is far more animated than he is with us. He seems to be a lot more 'into' his national side than the people that pay his wages.

He also came back from international duty in October with that tear that kept him out for three months.

These sort of things, in combination with him not signing a new contract with us despite BR talking about negotiations starting about a year ago, makes me think that he's the prime player to sell this summer.

I don't think he's into us and I don't think he's reliable enough. Soyuncu out, Tarkowski in, and a balance to enable us to bring a couple more in would suit me fine.

We played 3 at the back last time we played these and got caught on the break 3 times. It was embarrassing. With Soyuncu out Rodgers may go back to a back 4 and stick Praet in as an extra midfielder. I really hope he doesn't sling off Iheanacho for Maddison instead of Perez after he's just won player of the month, I think that would be a disaster for his form and for our season going forward.

It's a shame we're without soyuncu but it could be a blessing in disguise as he'll be given a rest. But we really need to start winning important games like this and put West Ham to the sword now if we're going to have the confidence to have a real go at the FA cup.

Maybe he's more animated because he speaks the lingo?

With all due respect BN, I think you could be reading too much into it. You could also be right of course but I genuinely think that at this point in time what you're saying is speculative, conjecture even.

he's a leader for Turkey he isn't with us, that said if he is the player we sold I could live with it, would rather have Ben White then Tarkowski mind as a replacement

I could however buy that Soyuncu is homesick and is finding life in the UK difficult, particularly with covid restrictions etc (ironically) How the club might handle that is another matter.

Pretty much worse case scenario, other than a broken leg. Having said that a broken leg could happen to any player in any game.

Daft as **** to have all of these players scattering off around Europe while there’s still a league season to finish. Utter utter bullshit, I’m more annoyed about this than losing to those plastic dickheads today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757