What Have You Been Watching on TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw four minutes of Hollyoaks. Apparently it's set in Chester. So why the **** has nobody got anything even close to a Chester accent?

It's not real, BM. It's just a telly programme
What the **** do you mean it's not real? What about CSI? I suppose that's 'not real' as well eh? What else is 'not real'? Family Guy? Match of the Day? Them PG Tips adverts with the chimps in? Don't talk such bollocks.

Where does it all end? Is Homer even his real name? Is Blue Maniac really a blue maniac?

The world seems a colder, emptier and more frightening place this morning. Someone hold me.

that mad dogs went shite didn't it?

Just saw four minutes of Hollyoaks. Apparently it's set in Chester. So why the **** has nobody got anything even close to a Chester accent?

Remember Adrian Mole? Set in a strange parallel universe Leicester populated by Brummies! I was ****ing incensed at the time.Still am as it goes.

A bit like when The Inbetweeners went on a field trip to Swanage. I don't know where they went but it sure as hell wasn't Swanage.

That French thing on 4. Weird as ****ity.

That French thing on 4. Weird as ****ity.
Yeah, loving that. Thomas has turned out to be a right weirdo and I reckon he's going to dead his missus; we knew Victor was a creepy little bastard from the start; Serge is definitely the knife attacker, and I think Lena is ****ed; and I've been pretty confident all along that there's something off about Pierre.

Also, Frédéric Pierrot (Jérôme) is the Frenchest man who has ever, ever lived.

Yeah, loving that. Thomas has turned out to be a right weirdo and I reckon he's going to dead his missus; we knew Victor was a creepy little bastard from the start; Serge is definitely the knife attacker, and I think Lena is ****ed; and I've been pretty confident all along that there's something off about Pierre.

Also, Frédéric Pierrot (Jérôme) is the Frenchest man who has ever, ever lived.

Spot on, especially about Frédéric. That Pierre is a very strang looking chap, I reckon if you could draw 'Child molester' it would look massively like him.

That Victor kid scares the absolute Trevor Benjamins out of me.

That Pierre is a very strang looking chap, I reckon if you could draw 'Child molester' it would look massively like him.
:icon_lol:
That Victor kid scares the absolute Trevor Benjamins out of me.
For the first two episodes, I said 'horrible little bastard' every time he came on screen. The scary someone's-about-to-get-stabbed music every time he's doing something doesn't help, and of course his refusal/inability to speak adds to his overall creepiness. I still think he deaded Mrs Payet. Suicide my arse.

Last night I watched this ... https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-...-story-is-at-the-heart-of-this-affecting-film

It's a particularly good dramatisation of the murder of Sophie Lancaster back in 2007, her and her boyfriend were attacked for being different (goths) and she was kicked to death trying to protect him and get his attackers to call an ambulance. It highlights the bigotry that is rife in the world today and I think schools could do a lot worse than to show this as a whole school assembly.

It's available as a download on iPlayer. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0559fd8/murdered-for-being-different

Please take the time to watch it.

Simon Armitage did an ace radio play on Sophie Lancaster which may still be available online. Y genuinely can not recommend it enough. Think it was called Black Flowers

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Not sure if 'loving it' is the right term, but the new adaptation of The Handmaid's Tale is amazing. As Margaret Attwood has said, everything that happens to the women in it is being done by a government somewhere in the world now

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758