Windows Live Messenger

Status
Not open for further replies.

drummindefender

Anyone else having problems? I got randomly disconnected last night and haven't been able to sign in since :102: comes up with some message which they reckon is to do with my firewall, but it is on my list of allowed programmes.

Anyone else having problems? I got randomly disconnected last night and haven't been able to sign in since :102: comes up with some message which they reckon is to do with my firewall, but it is on my list of allowed programmes.

Sometimes if you pc crashes it can cause the date and time to change in your bios. Reboot your PC, think it is F2 you press which will take you to the bios. Select date and time, if it has changed the the wrong year, date change it correctly.

Also if your IE is set to work offline this can cause this problem also.

Last edited:
You could also try standing on one leg whilst wearing odd socks, make sure they aren't woollen socks though as this will cause your BIOS to think it could somehow think it can cause connection problems.
You could also try downgrading IE to version 5.5, it won't solve your problem but it's quite an inventive fix if we're just making up stuff off the top of our head.

Has there been any updates to your Windows Live messenger that you've noticed?
Are any other apps having connection problems?
Which Firewall are you using?

Last edited:
You could even try getting a life and talking face to face with someone.

Of course I do that a lot.......

You could also try standing on one leg whilst wearing odd socks, make sure they aren't woollen socks though as this will cause your BIOS to think it could somehow think it can cause connection problems.
You could also try downgrading IE to version 5.5, it won't solve your problem but it's quite an inventive fix if we're just making up stuff off the top of our head.

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

Are you stupid??

Have a read: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet-156-msn-connection-problems

When you get blue screened or your system crashed it can sometimes reset your system date and time thats why i told him to check it.

Something new for you there Macky.

So if your system date or time is incorrect it can cause problems with msns connecting to the network.

You like arguments don't you Macky?. Please do not say because your wrong, because i am not.

What the **** are you talking about? :bang::bang:

Has there been any updates to your Windows Live messenger that you've noticed?
Are any other apps having connection problems?
Which Firewall are you using?

:icon_roll

His Firewall would not randomly start blocking access to msn.

My guess is there will be other programs with problems also.

Drumin you could do a Macky and use www.google.com as your friend ;)

Last edited:
Sometimes if you pc crashes it can cause the date and time to change in your bios. Reboot your PC, think it is F2 you press which will take you to the bios. Select date and time, if it has changed the the wrong year, date change it correctly.

What makes you think his PC has crashed?
And why would he need to go into the bios settings to see if it's got the wrong date and time?

What makes you think his PC has crashed?
And why would he need to go into the bios settings to see if it's got the wrong date and time?

I didnt say his pc had crashed, it could have.

Because if you change the system date in control panel, it doesnt change the main date and time on your pc. If your bios time was wrong and you changed the date and time on the pc not in the bios the bios time would stay the same.

Glad to hear it

It has f*cking amazed me.
I used to think that Fludie was just an act, I couldn't believe that anyone could actually really be that thick, but it looks like I was wrong.
Unbelievable shit.

:038::038::038:

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Keep going :icon_bigg

Last edited:
I didnt say his pc had crashed, it could have.

Because if you change the system date in control panel, it doesnt change the main date and time on your pc. If your bios time was wrong and you changed the date and time on the pc not in the bios the bios time would stay the same.

But you haven't explained how on earth that would stop MSN from connecting? If for some reason it did take into account the date and time it would use the windows date time, not the bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669