Pre Match Wolves v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
FB_IMG_1612596988962.jpg

5 years ago today was this win - the moment I think a lot of us believed we really could go and win the title.

My Facebook memory popped up with the status "I feel like I've just seen the most important win in the history of my team".

I wonder if this could be a bit of a defining weekend too? Liverpool play Man City, so a win for us either puts us closer to the top or further ahead of 4th - or potentially both.

Man Utd play Everton which is also a tough game to call.

West Ham play Fulham so could easily be 4th by the end of the weekend.

I always worry (well, I could end the sentence there!) against the more physical sides, which Wolves are. We are, generally speaking, a team of slender and callow youth (though Barnes is bulking up), easily bossed and shoved off the ball. We rely on moving the ball quickly enough to avoid being caught in possession.

As I said pre Fulham, there is a blueprint for beating us; get physical and get close, deny us the space and close down the options for passing. It's a high energy game and requires organisation to pull off, but if you can't match your opposition's more technical abilities then it does remain a viable way to win. Fulham might have tried but they didn't manage (I thought they were pretty rubbish tbh) but they did nonetheless disrupt our normal game and we looked a shadow of the team we've been recently.

Agreed, and think it applies to the whole block of Iheanacho, Perez and Choudhury, who played well and played well together
Perez played well? He has been absolutely shite he has a fair game and all of a sudden he keeps his place?
He is not good enough at this level period! He can not control the football which prevents him from getting his head up, he would struggle with the physicality of an under 14 game.
We are now in the business end of the season and BR needs to be utterly ruthless, Perez is a squad player and is not better than Albrighton or Under or Thomas for that matter.
We should win this game without Vardy and he must be brought back in when he is fully fit.

Perez played well? He has been absolutely shite he has a fair game and all of a sudden he keeps his place?
He is not good enough at this level period! He can not control the football which prevents him from getting his head up, he would struggle with the physicality of an under 14 game.
We are now in the business end of the season and BR needs to be utterly ruthless, Perez is a squad player and is not better than Albrighton or Under or Thomas for that matter.
We should win this game without Vardy and he must be brought back in when he is fully fit.
But what do you think about Perez?

I don’t know why the club employs people with experience of the professional game to watch players extensively, prepare statistical analysis and reports on their skills, personalities, and individual traits etc when they could easily contract semi-literate internet randoms for 70 quid a week to sort players into two piles, good and shit. It would save so much money and time.

I don’t know why the club employs people with experience of the professional game to watch players extensively, prepare statistical analysis and reports on their skills, personalities, and individual traits etc when they could easily contract semi-literate internet randoms for 70 quid a week to sort players into two piles, good and shit. It would save so much money and time.
Binary Bill’s Super Scouting Inc.

Head-to-head

• Leicester have lost only one of the past seven meetings in league and cup, winning four and drawing two.
  • However, the Foxes have recorded just two wins from their previous 19 trips to Molineux in all competitions.
  • Wolves have failed to score in five of the seven Premier League meetings - but won 4-3 in each of the other two games.
  • The three most recent league encounters have produced just one goal.
Wolverhampton Wanderers

• Victory over Arsenal in midweek ended Wolves' eight-game winless league run.
  • They are looking to record consecutive league wins for only the second time this season.
  • Wolves have claimed 44 points from losing positions since promotion in 2018, the third-best tally over that period.
  • They have been beaten in four of their 11 home league fixtures, equalling their final tally from the 2019-20 campaign.
  • Wolves have conceded the opening goal 15 times this season, with only the bottom two of Sheffield United and West Brom doing so on more occasions.
  • Ruben Neves has scored three league goals in 13 attempts in 2021, having failed to score from 54 shots in 2020.
Leicester City

• Leicester have lost just one of their past nine Premier League games, winning five and drawing three.
  • They have claimed 26 points from 11 away matches this term, second only to Manchester United's tally of 27.
  • Brendan Rodgers' side have won all seven away fixtures in which they scored the opening goal.
  • The Foxes have only failed to score in one of their 11 away games.
  • Victory would ensure Leicester equal their tally of 45 points from 23 matches last season.
  • They have won nine of 12 games against sides that begin this round of fixtures in the bottom half, drawing once and losing twice.
  • James Maddison has been involved in 12 goals in his last 12 appearances in all competitions, scoring six and assisting six.

Good sporting day tomorrow though. England cricket, our game, 6 Nations, Liverpool v Man City, Super Bowl.

Referee: Martin Atkinson.
Assistants: Lee Betts, Nick Hopton.
Fourth official: David Coote.
VAR: Peter Bankes.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

If people didn’t share their opinions about our football team, wouldn’t be much of a football forum would it?

take it you're leaving the forum then as you disagree with the very concept of them it seems?

But realistically, the choice is between one of those three for the wide right role and as you seem to be saying they're pretty much at the same level. The reason I would go with Perez is because he worked well with Iheanacho (assuming no Vardy) by getting close to him, something Albrighton wouldn't do. Likewise I would pick Choudhury over Mendy (assuming no Ndidi) as his mobility made up for the wide right sticking closer to the forward.

Ndidi and Vardy are amongst the first on the teamsheet and dictate how and who else we play. When they're not available, we shouldn't stick to the same players and formation as you can't replace them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757