Wycombe sack Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wycombe and Taylor part company

Wycombe Wanderers have parted company with manager Peter Taylor by mutual consent after their disappointing start to the League One season.

Taylor led the Chairboys to promotion from League Two last season but they are second from bottom in the table and have not won since 29 August.

His assistant Junior Lewis has also left the Adams Park club.
Head of youth development Richard Dobson will take caretaker charge for Saturday's game with Gillingham.
Taylor took over in May 2008 and led them to promotion in his first season, but results this term have cost him his job.

The 56-year-old has had a mixed managerial career, leading Gillingham, Brighton, Hull and Wycombe to promotions but having less illustrious spells at Leicester, Crystal Palace and Stevenage Borough.
He has also managed England Under-21s and been the country's senior caretaker boss for a friendly with Italy in 2000, when he made David Beckham England's captain for the first time.

Chairboys owner Steve Hayes told the club website: "Peter is an honourable man and he knew that it was time to move on.
"He came to me and said he was very disappointed with the way the season has begun and understood that things had to change.
"He leaves with our thanks and best wishes for the future and I want to place on record our gratitude for the excellent job he did for us last season in getting us promoted.

"Wycombe have a reputation for appointing good managers and I'm sure we'll get plenty of high calibre applicants.
"Peter's successor will inherit an excellent squad of players and with 35 games still to play we're confident that our league position will improve."

:081::081::081:

Hate the scrote, back to the non league you go, you overhyped shit.

It was a reference to'Treasure Island' my friend - not the ethnicity of any particular person. I'm far too PC to do that!

Peter Taylor is far from white, the perma tanned ****wit.

Peter Taylor, Junior Lewis, John Barnes - all will put the black spot on a football club.

Mad Micky next?

John Barnes... took to management like a duck to oil

Peter Taylor, Junior Lewis, John Barnes - all will put the black spot on a football club.

Mad Micky next?

Never understand the hate for Micky Adams by Leicester fans, he did a very good job for us.

Never understand the hate for Micky Adams by Leicester fans, he did a very good job for us.

Not about dislike - I just think he is a bust flush as a manager.

However, as a matter of fact I don't think that he did a good job at all in his last season. We had enough goal scoring power then to avoid relegation and in my opinion it was Adam's tactical ineptitude including poor use of substitutes that contributed to our relegation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669