Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Jeff, Sep 1, 2017.
We can always loan him out.
Is there an open window?
If there is, make sure you throw your poo long and hard.
Is that 48 hours or 48 hours and 14 seconds?
it appears we havent even appealed yet, not worth it without excellent evidence
I take that as no fucking chance of us overturning.
I hear suggestions that we are looking at a legal challenge, but to cancel the deal completely rather than overturn FIFA's decision. Apparently we are trying to annul the deal so that he reverts to being a Sporting player, and we don't have to pay them anything. We have also apparently missed the first installment due to be paid to sporting. Don't have a source, but was the talk down the pub this evening.
And yet Shakey said today he has trained at our sports science dept. Good job making him feel wanted if we're trying to weasel out of the deal now but still want him in Jan, which I'd expect given how much we've said we really wanted him for some time.
I've not looked at the rule but rely on Jeff's comments earlier. If that is right (which I am sure it is Jeff) the rule is that:- 'the International Transfer Certificate must be requested by the new association (so us - LCFC) in the Transfer Matching System (the web based system used to record transfers) on the last day of the registration period of the new association.' So in a nutshell we had to request an International Transfer Certificate and that request had to be done in their Transfer Matching System by the midnight deadline. The obligation to ensure delivery (i.e. on that system before midnight) seems to have been ours. All we know is that FIFA say it wasn't on that system by that midnight deadline. It was late by seconds. We could get away with it I suppose if the problem with the request not being on that system was not our fault but FIFA's (their system being down for example). Pure speculation (and I stress I don't really know the rules - the extent of my research is Jeff's earlier comment) but on the wording above, if we don't have a very good reason, we are just throwing ourselves at the discretion of FIFA who could decide to strictly apply the rule. There is a possibility that they might decide that enforcing against us for being 14 seconds late is unfair to the player. I don't know. On that wording it seems that they don't have to allow this. I doubt they will want to create a precedent. If one club is allowed to sign players after the deadline that everyone else is bound by it leaves a bitter taste.
Not a lawyer, but I would have thought to cancel the sale, the contract would probably have to say something like, 'subject to international clearance within 2 weeks', or similar. It does not however make us look good with the player, the selling club, or any other players and clubs we would want to do business with. Despite the huge salaries, I am sure if we want the best players to want to come to us, we have to treat them a bit better than, 'sorry, last-minute impulse buy, did not read small print about how it worked, returning for refund'.
I don't think we are cancelling the contract. I've only seen speculation on that. The fact he is training with our sports science people suggests to me we are not trying to cancel any deal. If you want to say a contract has been broken or frustrated or never came into being, you can't do something to affirm it (I.e. Treat it as continuing). Inviting him to train with us (even our sports science guys) would in my view be affirmation. We are treating him as 'ours'. In doing so we are treating the contract as continuing.
You can't have your cake and also eat it.
Our midfield options are so fucking good that we haven't even appealed this yet.....nice
Does the fact we’re only now appealing suggest we have finally accepted he’s our player? And the delay with appealing was due to discussions with Sporting.
Whatever anyone thinks that anything suggests is probably wrong. Face it, we haven't an effing clue what's happening, how the deal is structured nor how the process goes. And I doubt CS knows either. To interpret any action, or non-action, in any particular way is simply pissing in the wind - amusing perhaps but worth little else. We might as well suggest we're swapping Silva for a tin of pilchards.
That's now probably the talk down the pub this evening.
If we do, we might as well sign him as a free agent.
This is not the plaice for puns.
Separate names with a comma.