Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Miles Away, Apr 14, 2018.
Yes, I think I remember that game. Spurs at home wasn’t it?
- Vardy needs a new regular partner either a big man or proper number 10. Doesn't matter but all the players we have have 1 deficiency that means they don't fit the bill: Okazaki, Iheanacho, Ulloa, Slimani, Silva, Gray haven't fit he bill fully.
- Mahrez, Morgan, Simpson, Fuchs, King will be gone in the close season along with Slimani, Okazaki and Musa. That's enough to be labelled a 'clear out'.
- Vardy, Maguire, Schmeichel, Ndidi, Chilwell, Gray, Diabate, Iborra, Silva will need to buy into the plan for the next few years or we'll risk losing this new core to the squad.
- As well as recruitment (the number 10, a centre back).
Players like Choudhury, Ndukwu, Johnson, Hughes, Knight, Thomas, Barnes need to be looked at in the close season to see who will get promoted like Choudhury did on Saturday. We have a successful reserve team we need to make the most of it.
- The owners will need to decide if Puel is the man and get rid of players who don't fit his vision or it won't work. It's clear that it is players like Simpson and Morgan whose ability on the ball holds us back from playing the progressive style that Puel wants to play. Even pep failed at Man city when he had players who couldn't pass the ball (mangala) or were too slow / unwilling to close down (toure, zabaleta, iheanacho), so he got rid of them and got in players who could do it. We can't do it on that scale but it's the same principle.
start blooding our reserves now! Please do not give Morgan an extension he has been killing us, bring back dragovic to partner Maguire.
We are where we deserved to be it is a shame as the players have blown their season starting 2 months ago.
Pretty much this. It would be madness to get rid of Puel before he's had a chance to properly implement his own system with his own players. He needs a Summer window at the very least. Do we really want another spin on the tiresome managerial merry-go-round to keep us amused? **** that.
Too many players have been treading water here & need to be moved on. As many have stated we just don't have the right players for the style the manager wants to play. So get rid. Puel should only be pushed out if & when he's given the chance to play HIS system with HIS players & fails. To do otherwise just makes us moronic. We'll end the season comfortably (which didn't look likely at one stage) So lets give the man the money & the recruitment plan he wants & needs. If Rudkin is in the way of that,sack Rudkin. If the players are in the way of that, sell them. The miracle was wonderful but it's yesterday's news now & the club can't live on memories. I want to look forward to our next trophy instead of harping on about our last. That way lies the mentality of Trees & Liverpool fans. **** that shit. Onwards & upwards. Getting rid of Puel sends a message that being a player who can't cut it carries no consequences. **** off.
He has a record of bringing through young players...we have a fantastic pool of players in their early 20s all chomping at the bit to make the grade in the Prem. Reward them,bring them through,see if they're good enough. It'll save us a heap of money & leave the Mahrez dosh free to bring in a couple of high quality proven additions to add to the mix. **** this season,it's done with.Move on to 18/19 with purpose & a defined vision. If you're still looking to be lauded & paid in full for what you did 2 years ago...cheerio son. If you're past it...on your bike mate,there's a place for you at Derby. If you're not a decent enough footballer to play in a passing team comfortable in possession, off you go mate (West Brom will welcome you with open arms in July)
Wes, Danny, Christian, Riyad...thank you. Absolutely genuinely,thank you. For the greatest memory in sport I'll ever have. For making 40 years of mostly bollocks spectacularly worth it. But also...so long & thanks for all the fish.
The Roman Empire was great while it lasted but it's time to accept that it's all over. Time for rebirth & renewal.
Get the **** on with it.
Great sense. No manager can come in and change things overnight. He has to be given a chance.
It was Matt Elliott yesterday. He thinks Stringer is a tosser too.
I don’t want Puel to have chance to properly implement his new system. His system makes my eyes bleed.
Separate names with a comma.