£6m loss 2008/09 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bit perhaps:

"We have reduced the club's losses and significantly reduced our debt position."

The first was mostly achieved by player sales, the second by a revaluation of the stadium. Actual money owed by the club has gone up.

Nope... think it might have been in the Merc a few months back when the estimated £6m loss came up. For the first time since he's been here someone asked him if the money he was putting in was loans, and he said it wasn't.

I remember at the time thinking it's been three years and that's the first time someone has asked. If I get the time I'll try and find it.

The money is going on paying more to and for players than we can afford on the basis of income - as well as servicing debts etc:

It seems to me that at a simplistic level that there are two broad options for clubs like Leicester whilst in the second tier:

1. A benefactor/ investor pumps in the money beyond the realistic income levels to try and get promotion to the land of milk and honey.

2. The club is run as a tight ship with the risk of stagnation in the second tier at best and relegation to the third tier at worst.

All this is against a background where the Premier League is increasingly seeking to protect existing Premier League clubs with bigger and longer parachute payments to the obvious disadvantage of clubs like ours who are seeking to compete.

Spot on

Nope... think it might have been in the Merc a few months back when the estimated £6m loss came up. For the first time since he's been here someone asked him if the money he was putting in was loans, and he said it wasn't.

I remember at the time thinking it's been three years and that's the first time someone has asked. If I get the time I'll try and find it.

Here's what I remembered.

"It is always coming out of my pocket, out of my money in America which I work very hard to earn and pay all my taxes on, to bring here to support the club. All the money comes from me personally and we don't take out loans.

Doesn't clarify whether his money is a loan though I suppose. Amazes me that the local media never get this kind of information clarified.

All the money comes from me personally and we don't take out loans.

That simply means that "we" aren't taking loans from elsewhere

But the "all the money comes from me personally" is simply the fact that Uncle Milan is himself loaning the cash to the club

But at the end of the day, does it really matter ?

Either he carries on loaning the club cash, or he finally finds someone to take it off his hands. What do you want him to do - stop making any more 'loans' to the club ?? Then we really would be looking at flogging off the family silver, and fishing in the bargain bucket for the dregs of the football world

For once in his hideous fetid life, BG might actually be right.

Nearly, anyways

Last edited:
That simply means that "we" aren't taking loans from elsewhere

But the "all the money comes from me personally" is simply the fact that Uncle Milan is himself loaning the cash to the club

But at the end of the day, does it really matter ?

Either he carries on loaning the club cash, or he finally finds someone to take it off his hands. What do you want him to do - stop making any more 'loans' to the club ?? Then we really would be looking at flogging off the family silver, and fishing in the bargain bucket for the dregs of the football world

For once in his hideous fetid life, BG might actually be right.

Nearly, anyways

**** it! I just changed my mind as I realise I was wrong all along.

Here's what I remembered.

"It is always coming out of my pocket, out of my money in America which I work very hard to earn and pay all my taxes on, to bring here to support the club. All the money comes from me personally and we don't take out loans.

Doesn't clarify whether his money is a loan though I suppose. Amazes me that the local media never get this kind of information clarified.

We haven't discussed the recently released figures with the club as yet (we will do), but the previous years figures (up to 31st May 08) showed in an increase in long term loans by circa £5m & it was confirmed to us that the additional loan amount came from Milan

What about this what Milan said not long ago:

" Dour is a right moaning **** and cannot look after his own business so he pokes his nose in mine. The only reason I am putting on weight recently is that his wife gives me a biscuit every time I shag her whilst he is busy looking over LCFCs accounts"

Oi! I provided the biscuits. Two birds with one stone, and all that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757