Çağlar Söyüncü

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can imagine us putting Evans, Söyüncü and Fofana into a back 3 if we get to the later stages of one of the cup competitions, ideally alongside ndidi, castagne and pereira.
A back 6, would that by no midfield and 4 up front

I think a back 3 will be our strongest setup. I assume our first XI, if we can get there at all this season, would be:

Kasper
Ricardo, Fofana, Evans, Soyuncu, Castagne
Tielemans, Ndidi
Maddison, Barnes
Vardy

It gets all of our top players in and overcomes our weakest position of RW.
The downside is that Maddison is most effective centrally, so you either keep him central and lose a bit of width on the right, or you make Maddison play slightly wider but lose a bit of effectiveness from him.

Personally I don't see an issue with playing a bit more asymmetrical so keeping Maddison central. Tielemans also tends to play on the right of central midfield so you've got an extra player coming forwards there too.

The back 3 also gives Fofana more license to come forwards which I think we can use as an asset.

Fofana has been great this season and has huge potential but I think Soyuncu has shown that he's still above Fofana since coming back, so games where a back 4 makes more sense then I think it's still Soyuncu and Evans.

Evans is still quality but I think is showing signs of decline this season so think by next season it could be Lil Wes and Cags as first choice centre backs - and if we risk losing either of them by benching them that's also the right way to go, because all 3 are quality but Evans has probably another year in him.

Both Cags and Fofana are happy moving upfield. I can imagine all 3 at the back at some stage tbh.

I'd rather get a RW to match the quality across the rest of the pitch. Between injuries, suspensions, and game management you need three good centre halves just to reliably play two at the back. We've got depth elsewhere too, the Vardy replacement elephant aside, so put money on the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263