1-1 Ipswich (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to Pontus, we haven't got a midfielder who comes looking to take it off the back four, like Jimmy Bullard does constantly for Hull/Fulham. People may say we'd still pump it long, but at least we would have a second option if someone did what I've said Bullard does

Last edited:
They done that role on numerous occasions this season but the whole premises of being behind a few seconds led to hoofball. It's a shame cos on occasions we've played football, we've looked far too good for the rest.

Not the first time either - sadly he often thinks the best way to actually score a goal is to simply put more strikers on the pitch, rather than players who can create chances for the more than competent ones who are already there

Though we did not create much that was more down to Ipswich packing the midfield...we actually tried to pass the thing.

Dany N'guessan would have been a better option than Gallagher as he has the pace to beat the fullback.

Ipswich had shut up shop so we really needed a player who could have got in behind them.

I didn't mind too much about the crapness of the performance, the shite weather and not beating that steaming great pile of wank.

What did piss me off was the number of people leaving early. The game is tied at one all with nearly ten minutes left and people decide to stop watching, it's bizzare. I have no problem with people deciding to stay at home and watch it on sky, but for **** sake stay until the end if you do make the journey.

In terms of what went on on the pitch I thought Howard and occasionally Dyer were the stand out men. Wellens played poorly and as a result the midfield broke up and lost shape far too regularly. Not a bad point in the end considering the manner in which we went behind.

Last edited:
I didn't think the performance was that bad tbh. The conditions were awful, dunno how teams are expected to play on that.

Still, 3 wins and 1 draw from the last 4 games is impressive.

I think we should make the play-offs quite comfortably.

I watched Forest Vs West Brom on Friday night, i still think we're quite behind in terms of quality, we need a creative midfielder and definitley a pair of new wing backs that bomb forward and look comfortable in doing so, McGivern is a joke, i get nervous when he touches the ball!

I watched Forest Vs West Brom on Friday night, i still think we're quite behind in terms of quality, we need a creative midfielder and definitley a pair of new wing backs that bomb forward and look comfortable in doing so, McGivern is a joke, i get nervous when he touches the ball!

How can you compare us to Forest?! They spent about £10mil in the summer.

They have the resources to spend on players that we can only dream of. We simply cannot afford the type of players they have and therefore we cannot afford to play the way they do.

It's like comparing Birmingham to Man City tbh.

Reading this page you would think that we are in Derbys position. Ipswich are not a bad side and a lot of their players would get in ours, they have been in good form of late and it comes as no shock to me that we only got a point. As for Leicester I think people need to realise that we are in our first season back in the Championship, we are overachieving and are only where we are because the teams around us our crap. I don't even want to go up this season as this bunch of players would just get hammered in the premier league.

Last edited:
I didn't think the performance was that bad tbh. The conditions were awful, dunno how teams are expected to play on that.

Still, 3 wins and 1 draw from the last 4 games is impressive.

I think we should make the play-offs quite comfortably.
Pretty much sums up my feelings.

It was good to see the boo boys were out in force today. I wonder why they bother paying to watch us. :icon_roll

I'm a bit baffled by the Oakley inclusion to be honest, but I don't want to be too critical, as I've long rated Oakley as a footballer. That said, at home I think N'Guessan has done enough to warrant a place and offers a bit more attacking flair than Oakley. It may be that Pearson is worried about Neilson getting overrun and wants a more conservative player in front of him. But I'm speculating.

I will, however, plow into Wayne Brown with abandon. I've probably seen 6-7 games this season and he has been absolutely dire in just about all of them. He lacks pace, he backs off oncoming forwards, he's a red card waiting to happen and his distribution verges on comedic were it not so depressing.

As for Neilson, I do think we need some depth in that position and Gilbert would be a decent signing, at the right price. I don't think Morrison is a full back and moving him back there will only stunt his development at his preferred position. I've never been a big fan of Neilson (probably because he is scottish and doesn't have a cap, which means he must be shit), but he has looked serviceable at times. Certainly not up to premier league standard and really, the key to success is signing players you think are/could be to that standard. Pearson's transfer record is pretty exemplarary, but he looks to have dropped a clanger with Neilson.

For all of that though, no need to panic, we keep gathering points, and this game the conditions were going to make it a bastard. A bit of fine-tuning is all that is required I suspect. We are doing exceptionally well to be 5th.

How can you compare us to Forest?! They spent about £10mil in the summer.

They have the resources to spend on players that we can only dream of. We simply cannot afford the type of players they have and therefore we cannot afford to play the way they do.

It's like comparing Birmingham to Man City tbh.

Yup, and even if they playing more attractive footy and winning by bigger margins, we aint that far behind them considering our games in hand. It's a results business and ours and Nott's results haven't been that different up to now.

Weale 5
Nielsen 3
Brown 5
Morrison 7
McGivern 4
Wellens 5
King 5
Dyer 7
Oakley 6
Howard 6
Fryatt 6

Waghorn 6
Gallagher 6
Kermorgrant 6

We were S**t today. Especially Nielsen and Mcgivern. Pearson needs to get 2 full backs that are comfortable on the ball and either another winger to play on the right or a very good central attacking midfielder because we need a bit more class if we want to put crap teams to bed like ipswich and reach the playoffs this season.

Reading this page you would think that we are in Derbys position. Ipswich are not a bad side and a lot of their players would get in ours, they have been in good form of alte and it comes as no shock to me that we only got a point. As for Leicester I think people need to realise that we are in our first season back in the Championship, we are overachieving and are only where we are because the teams around us our crap. I don't even want to go up this season as this bunch of players would just get hammered in the premier league.

Totally agree. Ipswich are one of the form sides in the division.

People also forgot we cannot compete financially with Newcastle, West Brom and Forest. Their squads all probably cost 2 or 3 times what ours did, we can't afford the creative, attacking players they have.

However I can't understand why you don't you want to go up? You thought Leicester would get relegated from the Championship this season. I'm confident Pearson would sign the players we need to stay in that division.

People very harsh on Dyer, only bright spark in the team.

Send that shit head back to Manchester.

Totally agree. Ipswich are one of the form sides in the division.

People also forgot we cannot compete financially with Newcastle, West Brom and Forest. Their squads all probably cost 2 or 3 times what ours did, we can't afford the creative, attacking players they have.

However I can't understand why you don't you want to go up? You thought Leicester would get relegated from the Championship this season. I'm confident Pearson would sign the players we need to stay in that division.

You say we can't cope financially with teams in our league such as Newcastle, West Brom and Forest, that is what I mean we would not be able to even compete in the Prem. We have about two maybe three players who could play in the Premiership. Going up this year would be a travisty.

You say we can't cope financially with teams in our league such as Newcastle, West Brom and Forest, that is what I mean we would not be able to even compete in the Prem. We have about two maybe three players who could play in the Premiership. Going up this year would be a travisty.

A lorra lorra money to be won by gaining promotion though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263