1/2 a Job

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

I had high hopes for Levein and have still not given up completely (im not one for continually changing managers).

Craigs first year anniversary is coming up(29th October i think) and he has reduced the average age of the team and encouraged youngsters to come through the ranks.
However thats only half a job done. The team need to get points or he wont complete the other half.

Sorry if this post should be part of another thread.

getting the average age down isn't half a job

getting half way up the league is half a job

well i got out of bed this morning and came to work. for me thats 75% of the job. i've done nothing at all since i got here though, the 25% is for getting on the bus to go home.

one of my drivers retired this week thus bringing the average age of my team down :038::038::038::038::038: thats half me job ;)

Well we have taken on a 62yo this week, so our average age has gone up.

Does that mean I've now got 1 1/2 jobs to do?????:102:

Isopen said:
Well we have taken on a 62yo this week, so our average age has gone up.

Does that mean I've now got 1 1/2 jobs to do?????:102:

you are more of mickey adams side iso ;)

Isopen said:
Actually Micky had turned him down as not having enough experience:098:

:icon_bigg :icon_bigg :icon_razz :biggrin:

Whilst in placing foundations down for the long term future of the club, Levein has excelled, he has reduced the age of the side, reduced the budget considerably and on the whole signed players who are likely to have a sell on value.

However when studying the here and now and short term development, Levein has fallen way short, IMO he has yet to get the best out of a talented young squad, he has failed to identify his best XI and IMO is still searching for the right style of play and tactics to deliver results on a consistent level. We are incapable at present of sustaining any kind of unbeaten run let alone a run of victories.

Whilst CL has no doubt given the club an excellent foundation to build upon in terms of the playing staff, and the number of academy players now being given an opportunity, I know feel he needs to concentrate on developing a winning mentality, a settled side and pattern of play, in many ways he reminds me of Adams in terms of matchday decisions, he picks players out of position and sometimes out of form, he is prone to dubious substitutions, he is unsure of how to play, at least Adams was stubborn enough to stick by the hoof, Craig seems to be alternating between hoof and pass / move.

At present Craig has demonstrated he is an excellent Director of Football, he signs talented youngsters, has a long term plan, promotes young and hungry players from the academy. But on his performance so far he appears to fall short tactically, hence why we struggle to win games, he is ok when we are away from home to "bigger clubs", he is excellent at setting a team up to stifle and nick a win or a 0 - 0 draw, but when it comes to taking the bull by the horns and setting a team up to break down a team and win a match he is sadly lacking.

I wouldnt like to see Levein sacked as I think he has a lot of excellent ideas and he is an asset to the club, but I am beginning to question whether he is up to the job tactically and whether he maybe better suited to a Director of Football role, with somebody else coming in as head coach.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Whilst in placing foundations down for the long term future of the club, Levein has excelled

has he? how?

PFKAKTF FOX said:
he is ok when we are away from home to "bigger clubs", he is excellent at setting a team up to stifle and nick a win or a 0 - 0 draw

is he? how many wins have we nicked this season?

Darth Vodka said:
has he? how?

is he? how many wins have we nicked this season?

To answer your first question, he has signed players on longer term contracts allowing more stability, he has given a number of academy players an opportunity in the reserves to help their development, he has placed an emphasis on signing younger players, meaning that we can plan long term not one season at a time and rebuilding each year with another bunch of over 30's, surely this is progress and long term planning !

As an answer to your second question, we have picked up a number of draws over the past 12 months, which is something that you failed to include, you have taken part of my quote to misinterprete what I was saying, but there are a number of occasions especially in the FA cup run where Craig set out a side to nick a win, but as I stated like against Wolves this season he is capable of setting a team up to stifle and contain where as I am doubting his ability to set up a team to go out take the game by the scruff of the neck and win, for instance Luton,QPR, Brighton and Burnley at home this season all spring to mind, and before you say anything about Maybury being sent off in the QPR match, prior to him getting sent off we were terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669