1 MONTH..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrislcfc18

...........This is what i have heard today from someone who has a friend who works at the club that MA has 1 month to sort things out before there is some sort of review. Of course this could all be a load of bull crap but before someone jumps down my throat it is just a rumour so cannot be sure how true it is.

However, here is a couple of statistics for you, since the beginning of last season to date we have won 7 in 44 matches. Our home form has been dismal with 3 wins in 22 matches so i guess it speaks for itself that MA is under a lot of pressure and things need sorting sooner rather than later.

I don't think we should be quoting stats from last season, we got exactly what we expected, this seasons stats so far are just not acceptable.

The stats i have put up also include the games from this season. I know everyone blames MA for the tactics we use in games such as the long ball. But i also think a certain amount of blame lies with Bassett and Cork. After all they the supposedly masters of this game. I remember a quote years ago from Bassett which said, "There is nothing wrong with giving the ball a big kick up the pitch for a big forward to flick on". Yeah righto Dave i bet thats what Wenger tells his lads too.

chrislcfc18 said:
The stats i have put up also include the games from this season. I know everyone blames MA for the tactics we use in games such as the long ball. But i also think a certain amount of blame lies with Bassett and Cork. .

Of course it does, but MA has to take responsibility.

In addition, I thought that Bassett had nothing to do with the playing side - his appointment as manager was greeted with understandable disappointment & we were told that when he was stood down that MA was in total control of playing tactics.

On Cork - how many people rate him? His earliest involvement seemed to lead to an unsual incidence of players getting injured in pre-match warm ups & what are his credentials in terms of turning out decent football sides?

There has never been a justification for a 'director of football' position at a club the size of Leicester and as far as Cork is concerned at the very least, the club needs freshening up on the coaching side.

Redditch Fox said:
Of course it does, but MA has to take responsibility.

In addition, I thought that Bassett had nothing to do with the playing side - his appointment as manager was greeted with understandable disappointment & we were told that when he was stood down that MA was in total control of playing tactics.

On Cork - how many people rate him? His earliest involvement seemed to lead to an unsual incidence of players getting injured in pre-match warm ups & what are his credentials in terms of turning out decent football sides?

There has never been a justification for a 'director of football' position at a club the size of Leicester and as far as Cork is concerned at the very least, the club needs freshening up on the coaching side.

Having worked more closely with the board of directors, we can understand the Director of Football position. What you need to take into account is the relative inexperience of running a football club that the board members have (they do have business experience in other sectors).

Other than Greg Clarke none had previously served as a Director at a footy club & of the original board only John Holmes & Paul Mace had worked in the industry. It is therefore understandable that the board needed some football background based advice over various matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566