10 Games - What is the verdict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I would be very surprised if there is a single City fan who could seriously argue that Pearson and the boys have not made an amazing start to the season. 23/30 points. 4 points ahead of the play off pack. 9 points ahead of the rest. Pearson has certainly got the players believing in themselves and each other as a team.

They go out to every game expecting to win, and trying to. I am sure the referees are going to start looking harder at giving us a penalty every game though!

This season there is always a Plan B and sometimes a Plan C, and some astute signings of experienced players who will strengthen and give depth to the squad when injuries and suspensions kick in.

Well done to Pearson and his staff. Now if only more people would go and watch them!

Just had a look at the records. We achieved W 7 D 2 L 1 in 08/09, 02/03 and 1922/23. The only time we've bettered it is 1899/1900 W 7 D 3 L 0. Quite some time ago!

Unbelievable start, just a shame we dropped points against Leeds and Charlton, two teams struggling to find any form and then moments away from victory at Blackpool.

We are not beating people with fancy football, but we are finding the results that matter.

Early days still.

Cracking start, need to keep up the momentum. It's easy to reflect negatively on the dropped points at Blackpool but this sort of thing happens. Having three clubs on 23 points after 10 games is perculiar, let's just not be the one who fades away!

Cracking start, need to keep up the momentum. It's easy to reflect negatively on the dropped points at Blackpool but this sort of thing happens. Having three clubs on 23 points after 10 games is perculiar, let's just not be the one who fades away!

Nothing other than a fantastic start.

Peculiar too that we've only played 2 teams in the top 10. Before Blackburn's win today it was just Blackpool.

It's been an absolutely fantastic start; I think far better than any of would really have expected!

As you say, the players seem to have a new belief and I think adding some decent, experienced players to the squad is hopefully going to help us out in the long term and stop us tailing off in the way we did last year.

I'm almost glad two other teams are up there with us - the team that's top at this stage always seems to fade away!

The team seems to be comfortable with a range of different tactics/formations now which is going to help us. Be great if Chris Wood can find the confidence the rest have and regain his form, because he is a good player.

7 points dropped

Not good enough

PoohSTaiN out

I hate to be a party pooper and I am a strong Pearsonista but the fixture list has been more favourable.

But last year it was the weaker teams we came unstuck against. We played well against the top half teams.

Have we got a Plan B for what we do if we stop getting one penalty per game?

I hate to be a party pooper and I am a strong Pearsonista but the fixture list has been more favourable.

I also thought that, but then the only matches between any of the top six have been Blackpool against both ourselves and Reading. None of the rest of the top six have played each other.

Have we got a Plan B for what we do if we stop getting one penalty per game?

Presumably we are getting the penalties because our forwards are racing into the box and being tripped by clumsy backs who cannot get their feet out of the way fast enough, or deliberately trip them.

The start has been astonishing. I did not perceive of us as being anywhere but mid-table at this stage.

I suspect that we're all waiting for the drop in form, which comes to every team, and how we handle that. Even I, as someone far from being a fan of NP, did not expect such a dramatic falling from grace as we had last season; however, with the addition of some experience (in the form of Wasilewski, Hammond and GTF) we should deal with it in a better fashion this time around... Definite reasons for optimism.

The start has been astonishing. I did not perceive of us as being anywhere but mid-table at this stage.

I suspect that we're all waiting for the drop in form, which comes to every team, and how we handle that. Even I, as someone far from being a fan of NP, did not expect such a dramatic falling from grace as we had last season; however, with the addition of some experience (in the form of Wasilewski, Hammond and GTF) we should deal with it in a better fashion this time around... Definite reasons for optimism.

*Spits tea out all over computer screen*

Woah there TOF!! Go and lie down, I don't think you're feeling very well :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366