2 mins applause for Paul Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaarev

I'll take the liberty to share this from Foxes Talk. If anyone deserves a mark of respect like this one, it's Paul Taylor. I only wish I could be there to join in.

''Having discussed with close family and friends the club have decided against an official minutes silence or applause for the death of co writer, of fossils and foxes on the basis it sets a precedent moving forward. Whilst we accept there decision.

We find in this instance, that it shows a lack of understanding from the officials at the club. Paul Taylor dedicated his life to our great club and created the most factual and best researched documentation of our club. This was not just one of us and we do not wish to jump on any band wagon or disregard any fan but he invested a lot of time in producing a bible for all true fans of our club at his own time.

We appeal to all fans to join in a minutes applause in the 18th minute and the 84th minute. As a mark of respect for a great man.

Please feel free to ignore and avoid negative comments. But we appeal to those who understand to join in.''

Would be grateful if a mod could correct the typo in the thread title.

Great idea.

But just to be clear, are we clapping in the 18th and 84th minute? Or the 19th and 85th?

It’s in the 19th minute it says 18 on the clock so the 19th and 85th would be the most appropriate I’d say.

I won't be clapping.

The best way to respect and thank him is to buy a copy of Fossils & Foxes.

Apparently there is a plan for some other recently deceased supporter to have a minute of clapping during the game.

Before long we'll be asked to clap for the full 90 minutes.

I won't be clapping.

The best way to respect and thank him is to buy a copy of Fossils & Foxes.

Apparently there is a plan for some other recently deceased supporter to have a minute of clapping during the game.

Before long we'll be asked to clap for the full 90 minutes.
Turns out you didnt have to. The Palace fans did it for you. At least for the 18th minute applause

I was shocked to hear of Paul Taylor's as he had a large part to play in helping document Leicester City's history in a manner that has drawn applause from many other fans,who ask "why can't our club do this"? I looked at his photo at the back of the book and l have to say he appeared like a guy you could sit with over a few pints talking football and never get bored.RIP Paul, you are a Foxes Legend

I looked at his photo at the back of the book and l have to say he appeared like a guy you could sit with over a few pints talking football and never get bored.RIP Paul, you are a Foxes Legend
Your impression is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758