2004 - Winners and Losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilverFox

Have posted this on the 'other channel'(i.e. FT) but thought I would also post it here. Its just a bit of fun really. It can be on any topic you like however you must pick 1 winner and 1 Loser from this year.

My Picks(LCFC related):

Winner : Muzzy Izzet

Stuck with us through thick and thin, through relegation and promotion (largely on his back). Although we didn't have a successful year Muzzy still proved to be a fans favourate and left us the way any fans favourate should...with our blessing. He didn't try to hide it or claim his great love for Leicester would keep him here no matter what (ahem, thanks Mr. Dickov), and even got a good send off at the last home game of the season...a true Leicester legend. Good luck Muz

Loser: Micky Adams(N.B. I don't think of his as a loser, just lost out, and the plot this year)

Promised much and delivered very little. The season began with a rebuilding job and much promise from Micky. Comments such as, 'Don't talk to me about the top six, talk to me about the top two' were still echoing around the half empty walkers stadium as we slumped to inferior teams time after time, culminating in chants of, 'you don't know what your doing.' Micky fell from grace in 2004, hitting the ground with a dull thud against Preston, followed by a kicking from Peterborough. He made the noose for his own head with immortal lines like, 'judge me by my own team'. Sadly for city fans the Adams era is still on us every time we see Chris Makin, Scott Gemmill and Nathan Blake.

Lets hope for a brighter new year hey!

Happy new year folks (in case I'm not on tomorrow

SilverFox said:
..... (in case I'm not on tomorrow
... and what are the chances of that happening. :roll: :? :p :D :wink:

Steven said:
SilverFox said:
..... (in case I'm not on tomorrow
... and what are the chances of that happening. :roll: :? :p :D :wink:

Oh I wouldn't discount it...I might not be able to sit at my computer tomorrow, I read somewhere that Pressman could guarentee promotion so I'm going to see him :x :shock:

Urrrrgggghhh

Winner: Matt Elliot. Presumably the end of what has been a fantastic career at the club. And an intelligent bloke, so should do well in whatever he decides to do next.

Loser: Trevor Banjamin. The last of that, mmmmm, good, good money. He'll never earn cash like that again, whatever he does. Poor Trev! I hope he didn't blow it all on constantly having to replace the neighbours' broken windows... :roll:

Winners
Chelsea Fans-All the Money they want on Players,Chance of winning four trophies,Star studded team etc etc etc

Losers
Us poor bastards that are Leicester fans,Not a Pot to piss in,Promotion dissapearing from view,Relegation a real threat,team of has-beens and never will bes etc etc etc

The only shining light IMO is our Manager if anybody can make us great again Levein can.You've got to believe it...what else have we got?

Winner

Craig Levein, will have an almost blank canvas to start from in May 2005, then we will really see what a good manager we have employed.

Loser

The fans, who over the last 4 years have watched MON's legacy be ripped apart, culminating in the current squad who have little or no affiliation to the club and bar a small minority couldnt give a toss either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669