2018/19 financial results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeff watch the company moderna currently sat at around 68 dollars, they are one of the lead runners linked to a vaccine in America. Musk is set to do extremely well with is space X programme I can assure you I do not buy and sell shares after reading FB.
That's obviously just because Bill Gates invented Covid, duh

All is obviously not well...

All is obviously not well...

Sounds like a couple of sides of an agreement working together, though.

Sounds like a couple of sides of an agreement working together, though.

Sounds like a fragile situation to me. This isn't going away any time soon either.

If there is one industry that is being bludgeoned on a daily basis then it's air travel and it's associated business.

KP are going to be feeling a lot of pain over the next year or so. Good job they aren't putting any money into the football club then, as we would have this source of finance almost certainly pulled from under us imo.

Sounds like a fragile situation to me. This isn't going away any time soon either.

If there is one industry that is being bludgeoned on a daily basis then it's air travel and it's associated business.

KP are going to be feeling a lot of pain over the next year or so. Good job they aren't putting any money into the football club then, as we would have this source of finance almost certainly pulled from under us imo.
Yep I agree. I wasn’t trying to minimise the financial threat, I was just commenting that at least the two companies seemed to be working together on this issue. I’m sure there will be more pain to come, too.

Leicester City do owe King Power £180m.

Do we owe the owner, or do we owe a bunch of banks for borrowing (possibly guaranteed by the where in the event of default)?

Pinch of salt because I don’t know who this person is and I’ve not analysed their figures (they seem broadly right). They seem to be a finance nerd who has analysed every club. Christ I wish I had time to waste like this guy :icon lol:

I'm assuming that the £89m loan from 2010/14 is in addition to the £91m loan from KP to fund the training ground.

If so, we owe KP £180m. No idea whether there is a low interest rate on this but it could explain the payment of £6m we've made to KP over recent years.

The money that we owe is probably secured against assets. I think KP own the stadium and the new training ground, not Leicester City.

The several loans that we have with Macquaire Bank appear to be designed to monetise incoming transfer fees immediately. So, for example, when we sold Mahrez, we took out loans to be able to spend that money immediately when Man City were paying us over 2-3 seasons for him. We did the same when we sold Maguire and then Chilwell.

So, for example, when we sold Mahrez, we took out loans to be able to spend that money immediately when Man City were paying us over 2-3 seasons for him. We did the same when we sold Maguire and then Chilwell.

Most large transfer fees are paid in installments. So why do we need all the money up front, unless it's to pay for something other than new players?
Or do transfers from other countries operate in a different way?
Maybe the Chilwell money is paid over a few years, but we had to pay for Castagne up front. Maybe having the ability to pay up front makes it easier to strike a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757