2020/21 Fixtures

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can't afford to sack him. The contracts he and his team are on would cost £50m or more to get out of.

Cannot be right at £50m. Plus we don't sack all of them anyway, you get rid of the manager and the rest will follow.

If he did well enough for someone else to want to poach him, then obviously wouldn't want him to leave....

Pretty sure that won't be an issue for us to wrestle with

I'd imagine he's looked at thought the same. He loves celebrating in that specific corner of the Hawthorns. I bet they're looking forward to seeing him!

whoops. Just casually blocked the last 6 months out of my head.
Have you got two accounts, Boc?

Big bet on West Brom dicking us.

They'll be brimming with confidence and will punch our gentle princes straight in the face.

If he did well enough for someone else to want to poach him, then obviously wouldn't want him to leave....

Pretty sure that won't be an issue for us to wrestle with

Indeed, I think the late season collapse will have that ship sailed...even if we start well this year.

I'd love to know how many times the so called big 6 play each other in the last 5-10 games of a season every year, we always seem to have 2 or 3 of them in the run in

I'd love to know how many times the so called big 6 play each other in the last 5-10 games of a season every year, we always seem to have 2 or 3 of them in the run in
How long do you define as run in Skitzo?

Call me naïve but I don’t think it at all odd that in a league with 19 other clubs we often get half the ‘big’ six in the last ten games.
Not surprisingly, I can't remember how to work it out but statistically it's got to be more than likely.
Congratulations on the diaeresis too.

Big bet on West Brom dicking us.

They'll be brimming with confidence and will punch our gentle princes straight in the face.
Giving away 3 points to teams who need a boost is our thing. We did it for hull 2016/17 as a welcome to the prem. no doubt we will do it again.

More strange is how the champions usually start at home to one of the promoted teams.

More strange is how the champions usually start at home to one of the promoted teams.
19/20 - Champions were away against West Ham (didn’t happen)
18/19 - Champions were away against Arsenal (didn’t happen)
17/18 - Champions were at home against Burnley (didn’t happen)
16/17 - Champions were away against Hull (didn’t happen)
15/16 - Champions were at home against Swansea (didn’t happen)
14/15 - Champions were away against Newcastle (didn’t happen)

Shall I go further back?

19/20 - Champions were away against West Ham (didn’t happen)
18/19 - Champions were away against Arsenal (didn’t happen)
17/18 - Champions were at home against Burnley (didn’t happen)
16/17 - Champions were away against Hull (didn’t happen)
15/16 - Champions were at home against Swansea (didn’t happen)
14/15 - Champions were away against Newcastle (didn’t happen)

Shall I go further back?

Yeah please do.

I vaguely remember the Premier league admitting that the clubs that finish in the top 4 won't play other teams in the top end of the table at the beginning of the season due to people still being on holiday and they didn't want to waste a top fixture on t.v when the gates and t.v audience might be lower.
Basically it's fixed for the top teams to get an easier start.

I vaguely remember the Premier league admitting that the clubs that finish in the top 4 won't play other teams in the top end of the table at the beginning of the season due to people still being on holiday and they didn't want to waste a top fixture on t.v when the gates and t.v audience might be lower.
You mean like in 18/19?

There are only 12 games a season where the previous season's top 4 play each other. That's less than one game every three game weeks. So chances are there wouldn't be a game like this in the first week of the season anyway.

There are only 12 games a season where the previous season's top 4 play each other. That's less than one game every three game weeks. So chances are there wouldn't be a game like this in the first week of the season anyway.
Yes but it's done so the top 4 won't play anyone else in the top 6 at the beginning of the season, all done for t.v audience's.
It basically gives the top 5 an easier start and gains them match fitness against weaker opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757