2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feriol

We're probably not feeling to positive right now but we look forward to another season, this time with Europa League football, and it won't be long before it's here.

What changes do you want to see?

Assuming we don't sell them I'm happy for the following to be first choice next season.

Schmeichel, Kasper Peter
Chilwell, Benjamin James
Evans, Jonathan Grant
Maddison, James Daniel
Ndidi, Onyinye Wilfred
Pereira, Ricardo
Soyuncu, Caglar
Vardy, Jamie
Tielemans, Youri Marion A
Barnes, Harvey Lewis - I think he's done well for his 1st season. Will get better.

I'm happy for these to be in the squad but think we could possibly improve:

Albrighton, Marc Kevin
Iheanacho, Kelechi
Perez Gutierrez, Ayoze
Praet, Dennis
Ward, Daniel

The rest need to be improved on, and shouldn't be near the squad IMO:

Amartey, Daniel
Bennett, Ryan
Choudhury, Hamza
Fuchs, Christian
Gray, Demarai Remelle
Jakupovic, Eldin
James, Matthew Lee
Mendy, Nampalys
Morgan, Westley Nathan

I know Morgan and Fuchs have signed new deals, but we need to get a number of better quality players if we are to compete in the League and Europe.

We also need to improve our fitness and set piece coaches.

2 more wide players for sure and quality ones - should be where the majority of money is spent.

Chilwell appears to be a goner so a left back will be needed.

I wouldn't let so many go as with European football, we will need a big squad if we want to compete on all fronts and go for a domestic trophy too.

Bennett should most definitely not be signed, Mendy will most likely not sign another contract but apart from that, I wouldn't actively look to get rid of any many more on your list unless a good offer come in for them.

Silva and Slimani should be moved on though.

Some experience in CM would be nice too and an alternate striking option will also be needed but apart from that, despite the end to this season, I think we are set up to be very competitive next season if we have a good transfer window.

I think we'd all agree that our start next season is crucial. It is clear that we'll start without Ricardo (due back October at the earliest) Evans (three match ban to start season) and Chilwell (either sold or out injured according to reports). Plus Fuchs will not be fit for the start of the season either.

Personally, I'd ditch a lot of players given half the chance. On my list that I'd happily never see kick a ball for us again are:

Ward - don't get the point of a £10m back up who has never looked up to much when he plays. Iverson should be second choice next season as he has a realistic shot at challenging Schmeichel and eventually taking his place.

Jakupovic - not a clue why we gave him an extra year. Utter waste of a wage.

Amartey - never really done anything in 4.5 years now. Offers nothing - sell or release.

Morgan - love him but we have to move on. If he's playing, something has gone very wrong (see the end of this season). I'd have him in some admin role at the club in a heart beat but not as a player.

Bennett - surely that's the last we see of that oaf.

Fuchs - I'd rather Thomas as a back up than Fuchs. Again, he's a hero for all time but I don't see the point in having him as a player any more.

James - put the poor fecker out of his misery. He might get a gig in the lower leagues but it is an act of gross stupidity to have him around the place any more.

Silva - no good from day one. Ditch at first opportunity.

Mendy - release, disappointment since day one. Okay but not good enough.

Choudhury - might make a careeer at Championship level. Never a PL player in a million years.

King - gone already but two years too late.

Gray - had more than enough time and chances. Will never be good enough to make us better so must go.

Albrighton - doesn't fit any system we play any more. Can't see that changing even if BR left. He's a great professional but needs to move on.

Ghezzal - shambolic signing from the start. Get rid.

Diabate - see Ghezzal.

Slimani - will never be worth the effort. Cut losses if any mug club can be found.

In addition, I'd have a mighty clear out of the U23s. At least a dozen of them can go - anyone 21 or over that hasn't played first team football for a start.

From BR side, I think he's expecting Chilwell to go and I think Praet and Benkovic might go too, although I'd keep both.

Pretty much only bothered about keeping Evans, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Vardy and N'Didi. Beyond that if the price is right we cash in and get someone with a clue to buy some in.

2nd wave and no football for ****ing ages

Sarr from Watford has got to be a good option with them going down.

This season showed that we have a fantastic first team when everyone is fit, on form and everything is working. A few injuries and loss of form and we don't have anywhere near the quality to step in though. We need a deeper squad, as well as one with simply more numbers to deal with the Euro campaign. It's going to be a hell of a job, as we still have a lot of players to get out as well as to find good enough players who will come to us. Ideally, I'd keep the following players and let the rest go, but it's probably not going to be possible to be quite as transformational as that:

Schmeichel, Chilwell, Evans, Maddison, Ndidi, Pereira, Soyuncu, Vardy, Tielemans, Barnes, Iheanacho, Perez, Praet, Justin, Grey, Thomas, Choudhury.

That's a very small squad to be building from, realistically then we have to expect some players we'd like to see moved on staying put. I've no idea if they players we have out on loan are likely to be good enough - I expect Dewsbury-Hall and Hirst will need further development opportunities elsewhere before a serious run in the team though. Benkovic may be ready, he may simply never be good enough. The rest are quite clearly not good enough and never will be though.

I'm concerned that the short off-season will mean that we're more likely to carry our form into next season.

With that and Evans/Ricardo being out for the early games, we could be struggling very quickly.

I'm concerned that the short off-season will mean that we're more likely to carry our form into next season.

With that and Evans/Ricardo being out for the early games, we could be struggling very quickly.

It all adds up.

I can see this being exactly the same as the restart for us.

Our only 2 defenders being out at the same time will be horrific.

Leeds will be hoping for the ever obliging Leicester City 1st game.

We don't need mass change. We finished 5th. The second highest ever finish this club has achieved in the PL. The downturn in form was hugely disappointing, but over the season we still have the 5th best team in the country.

Our problem has been lack of depth and quality options. Clear evidence in the end of the season, but it's been there all along as we haven't had enough quality on the bench to change things.

This is more or less how I see our team next season, with the backup in brackets.

Kasper (Ward/Jakupovic)
Ricardo (Justin)
Evans (new centre back/Morgan)
Soyuncu (new centre back/Benkovic)
Chilwell (Thomas/Fuchs)
Ndidi (??/Hamza)
Tielemans (Praet)
New winger (Perez/Gray/Albrighton)
Maddison (Perez/Nacho)
New winger (Barnes/Gray)
Vardy (Nacho/Hirst)

We definitely need two wingers who are better than what we currently have and a centre back who is of roughly the same quality of Soyuncu and Evans, if not better (I don't think Soyuncu is necessarily a guaranteed starter). If Benkovic isn't ready/good enough, we may need two centre backs.

We don't really have any cover for Ndidi. We've got Hamza and Mendy but I'm not sure either are good enough. I can't see us signing another centre mid though, unless we offload those two.

I'd also like to see another striker come in. With Europa League games, we need more players and our striking options are already light if we want to play two up front.

So for me, priorities for recriitment are
Winger
Centre back
Winger
Striker
Backup centre back
Backup Centre mid

The first 3 are all essentials

We don't need mass change. We finished 5th. The second highest ever finish this club has achieved in the PL. The downturn in form was hugely disappointing, but over the season we still have the 5th best team in the country.

Our problem has been lack of depth and quality options. Clear evidence in the end of the season, but it's been there all along as we haven't had enough quality on the bench to change things.

This is more or less how I see our team next season, with the backup in brackets.

Kasper (Ward/Jakupovic)
Ricardo (Justin)
Evans (new centre back/Morgan)
Soyuncu (new centre back/Benkovic)
Chilwell (Thomas/Fuchs)
Ndidi (??/Hamza)
Tielemans (Praet)
New winger (Perez/Gray/Albrighton)
Maddison (Perez/Nacho)
New winger (Barnes/Gray)
Vardy (Nacho/Hirst)

We definitely need two wingers who are better than what we currently have and a centre back who is of roughly the same quality of Soyuncu and Evans, if not better (I don't think Soyuncu is necessarily a guaranteed starter). If Benkovic isn't ready/good enough, we may need two centre backs.

We don't really have any cover for Ndidi. We've got Hamza and Mendy but I'm not sure either are good enough. I can't see us signing another centre mid though, unless we offload those two.

I'd also like to see another striker come in. With Europa League games, we need more players and our striking options are already light if we want to play two up front.

So for me, priorities for recriitment are
Winger
Centre back
Winger
Striker
Backup centre back
Backup Centre mid

The first 3 are all essentials
So no mass change, but 6 new signings?

So no mass change, but 6 new signings?

Yes, but only 2-3 of those are first choice.

The others are more as backup. We didn't have a big enough quality squad for this season, we need more for next season with Europa.

Hamza
Gray
Mendy

Are the ones that can go for me, as long as we have signed the better replacements, but think I'd keep the rest (except Bennett obviously)

I’d look at replacing Schmeichel. Ward is never going to take the number one spot. A third string keeper at Liverpool who our current manager showed no faith in when he manages him there. And he’s showed nothing to suggest he’s anywhere close to the first team since we signed him. Schmeichel is a Leicester legend. And he’s clearly he’s a massive personality around the club. But he’s making the same mistakes far too frequently now and showing no evidence that he or the management are working on eradicating them.

I’d look at replacing Schmeichel. Ward is never going to take the number one spot. A third string keeper at Liverpool who our current manager showed no faith in when he manages him there. And he’s showed nothing to suggest he’s anywhere close to the first team since we signed him. Schmeichel is a Leicester legend. And he’s clearly he’s a massive personality around the club. But he’s making the same mistakes far too frequently now and showing no evidence that he or the management are working on eradicating them.
His kicking is ****ing awful its either straight to the opposition or at 100mph head height to a player standing on the touchline & don't get me started on his performance vs Bournemouth and Man u

The first two or three games after the restart he was fabulous. Our best player. I think he's a great keeper and a brilliant shot stopper. His distribution though... **** me pink! It's atrocious.

I agree.

No way I'd be looking to replace Kasper though - he saves us a lot more than his poor distribution costs us. Just the **** ups are more noticeable!

I swear his distribution has gone backwards though. I seem to remember his quick distribution in our title winning season was a big asset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757