25 man squad confirmed

I think if Megson had stayed we wouldn't have gone down, been a bloody awful team to watch though.
In retrospect, I’m glad we did go down even if it felt horrific at the time. A much needed clearout and rebuild started eventually led to the Incredible PL title and FA Cup triumph

In retrospect, I’m glad we did go down even if it felt horrific at the time. A much needed clearout and rebuild started eventually led to the Incredible PL title and FA Cup triumph
Sometimes a club needs to be relegated so it can start again

Some brilliant days in that leauge one stint. Reckon the novelty would wear off had it been for longer though.

Some brilliant days in that leauge one stint. Reckon the novelty would wear off had it been for longer though.
I remember a Leeds fan telling me there is no chance we'd go back up straight away. Ha ha, the fool.

We were bloody lucky to go straight back up. Forest, Sunderland, Wednesday, all clubs similar sized to ours took ages. Wednesday are somehow still there and it doesn't look like Derby are likely to go up this season. While a few clubs have come up strongly enough to be very competitive in the Championship, most have not so I really don't buy this idea that relegation gave us a unique chance at rebuilding which couldn't have been done from the lower end of the Championship instead

We were bloody lucky to go straight back up. Forest, Sunderland, Wednesday, all clubs similar sized to ours took ages. Wednesday are somehow still there and it doesn't look like Derby are likely to go up this season. While a few clubs have come up strongly enough to be very competitive in the Championship, most have not so I really don't buy this idea that relegation gave us a unique chance at rebuilding which couldn't have been done from the lower end of the Championship instead
Pearson did a terrific job. Deserves enormous credit for that season.

We can be glad we went straight up but it had nothing to do with luck, just being the best team in the divison.
Had we stayed in the Championship it would probably just have led to more of the same and little progress.

We were bloody lucky to go straight back up. Forest, Sunderland, Wednesday, all clubs similar sized to ours took ages. Wednesday are somehow still there and it doesn't look like Derby are likely to go up this season.
Not really. On the previous two occasions Sheff Wed have been relegated to the third tier, they returned two years later.
While a few clubs have come up strongly enough to be very competitive in the Championship, most have not so I really don't buy this idea that relegation gave us a unique chance at rebuilding which couldn't have been done from the lower end of the Championship instead
If we’d stayed up, Holloway might have got to stay. If Southampton had gone down, Pearson’s career path might have been drastically different. Sometimes it just works out that staying up would have left you worse off.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463