25 man squad confirmed

Brown Nose

As expected, City have removed Justin, Perez and Albrighton and replaced them with Tete, Ricardo and Souttar. Kristiansen and Thomas are included as U21s.

Leicester City

25 Squad players (*Home grown)
Amartey, Daniel
Barnes, Harvey Lewis*
Bertrand, Ryan*
Brunt, Lewis*
Cardoso Lemos Martins, Mateus
Castagne, Timothy
Daka, Patson
Dewsbury-Hall, Kiernan*
Evans, Jonathan Grant*
Faes, Wout
Iheanacho, Kelechi*
Iversen, Daniel Lonne*
Maddison, James Daniel*
Mendy, Nampalys
Ndidi, Onyinye Wilfred
Pereira, Ricardo
Praet, Dennis
Smithies, Alexander*
Soumare, Boubakary
Souttar, Harry James*
Soyuncu, Caglar
Tielemans, Youri Marion A
Vardy, Jamie*
Vestergaard, Jannik
Ward, Daniel*

Phew - both Vestergaard and Bertrand are in there

Thank goodness

When I look at that list and rate them out of ten based on what I've seen this season, only Maddison gets above an eight. That's shit in itself, but the more worrying thing is that compared to last season, most, if not all, of the players' ratings have dwindled. It gets worse.

Doing the same thing for the season before that and I see the ratings wane even further. There's really no-one in there that I think has improved over the past two or three years.

We all know the collective standard on our team is way down on what it has been over the past few years (just look at the league table for evidence on that), but seeing the ratings for players drop across the board is sobering to say the least.

The collapse in standards across the squad is so widespread that it cannot possibly be assigned to the individuals. It must be pinned on those responsible for ensuring the required standards are met across the squad, and moreso, the individual reponsible for ensuring they meet the required standards. And we all know who that is, don't we?

When I look at that list and rate them out of ten based on what I've seen this season, only Maddison gets above an eight. That's shit in itself, but the more worrying thing is that compared to last season, most, if not all, of the players' ratings have dwindled. It gets worse.

Doing the same thing for the season before that and I see the ratings wane even further. There's really no-one in there that I think has improved over the past two or three years.

We all know the collective standard on our team is way down on what it has been over the past few years (just look at the league table for evidence on that), but seeing the ratings for players drop across the board is sobering to say the least.

The collapse in standards across the squad is so widespread that it cannot possibly be assigned to the individuals. It must be pinned on those responsible for ensuring the required standards are met across the squad, and moreso, the individual reponsible for ensuring they meet the required standards. And we all know who that is, don't we?
Kolo Touré?

All their good handicaps are below 8 though as well, so there is some upside

Just realised that only Justin is properly injured now.

All those other players are fit or regaining match fitness.

So who is going to get injured this week?

Just realised that only Justin is properly injured now.

All those other players are fit or regaining match fitness.

So who is going to get injured this week?

You serious?

How many times have players been nearly fit and returning to then get totally spannered again soon after.

The problem is that most of them come back as though they have been swapped internally with Junior ****ing Lewis.

Then again, the players that haven't been injured have all turned to shit as well so maybe it's nothing to do with injuries.

On the topic of injuries that title winning team must surely lay its foundation and credit to NP and the sports science he delivered? To paraphrase Gordon Strachan who stated "games are normally won or lost in the last 15 mins, good players can be beaten by average players who are fitter, it is the ability to think rationally which can not be be done when you are knackered"

BR teams start the season unfit and do not fare well with injuries, someone needs to have a word with him imo. As business surely we conduct internal reviews by external people to look at ways to improve, innovate and stay ahead of the curve? Innovation (under NP and CR) is what brought us success, we took BR " disrupted the market" theory and through recruitment, sports science and innovation, delivered the greatest achievement our club has ever known, BR needs practice what he preaches!

Back to thread, did anyone here the interview with Ian Holloway about the mess that Chelsea are in? He mentioned on Hawksby and Jacobs that when he took over at Leicester there were 76 players, not sure if that is embellishment but even if it was 40 that is ridiculous. The board need to be radical and overhaul everything the BR has implemented, he should just be left to coaching and have a small say in recruitment of players with no ability to say yes or no.

We need to return to ethos under NP and Ranieri have a single focus that everyone associated with the club buys into.

Back to thread, did anyone here the interview with Ian Holloway about the mess that Chelsea are in? He mentioned on Hawksby and Jacobs that when he took over at Leicester there were 76 players, not sure if that is embellishment but even if it was 40 that is ridiculous.
Sounds about right, and half of them were right backs

Although not sure on his timeline - feel like he brought a lot in himself!

Back to thread, did anyone here the interview with Ian Holloway about the mess that Chelsea are in? He mentioned on Hawksby and Jacobs that when he took over at Leicester there were 76 players, not sure if that is embellishment but even if it was 40 that is ridiculous.

That is complete bollocks, to deflect from the complete shitshow of a job he did when he was here

If he had such a big squad, why did he put ****ing Harry Worley in midfield for that last game

'kin wanker

That is complete bollocks, to deflect from the complete shitshow of a job he did when he was here

If he had such a big squad, why did he put ****ing Harry Worley in midfield for that last game

'kin wanker
Lol just quoting the geezer buddy, I may be wrong ( I am in my early 40's) but did we not batter teams under Ian Holloway but just could not put the ball in the back of the net? In a strange way his poor management helped us rebuild when we were relegated and I agree he was a poor appointment.

Holloway is only marginally behind Peter Taylor as the worst manager I’ve had the misfortune to see at Leicester. He’s a complete ****ing clown who got by on being a character, and the ****ing media ate it up.

If there were 76 players at the club then why did you sign more, you imbecile. We really needed the likes of Jamie Clapham, Kelvin Etuhu, and Gábor Bori.

Lol just quoting the geezer buddy, I may be wrong ( I am in my early 40's) but did we not batter teams under Ian Holloway but just could not put the ball in the back of the net? In a strange way his poor management helped us rebuild when we were relegated and I agree he was a poor appointment.
As I remember it, the defence was really strong and we had one of the lowest goals-against in the entire division so I guess that as you say scoring goals must have been the problem. We lost Stearman and MacAuly after relegation and they went on to have respectable enough careers at the top end of the Championship/lower end of the EPL too so at least that one thing in that team must have been working right

Holloway made a mess of it but the entire club was in free fall when he joined.

Mad Mandy was completely out of control with his shady deals. I don't think any manager had much of a say in anything.

Holloway is only marginally behind Peter Taylor as the worst manager I’ve had the misfortune to see at Leicester. He’s a complete ****ing clown who got by on being a character, and the ****ing media ate it up.

If there were 76 players at the club then why did you sign more, you imbecile. We really needed the likes of Jamie Clapham, Kelvin Etuhu, and Gábor Bori.

He's probably including the youth players, which were no worse than a lot of the dross that had been stacked up by the managers who came before him. Let's be far too, he did sign Steve Howard and Matt Oakley and they were crucial to getting us out of League One. Holloway might not be a great manager, but I do think that if we'd not had Allen and Megson already but had started the season with him we'd have not gone down

Mandaric at his absolute worst that season. Some of the players on the books were literally a joke and couldn't have played at Sunday league level.

I vaguely remember one of the signings having a picture smoking a giant spliff.

Mandaric at his absolute worst that season. Some of the players on the books were literally a joke and couldn't have played at Sunday league level.

I vaguely remember one of the signings having a picture smoking a giant spliff.
Ricky Sappleton loooooool

Old skool TB that.

'kin wanker
Completely agree. Awful manager.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757