3rd Div Play-Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobby Smith

Went to Cardiff yesterday because of my Mansfield links (Were you there Webbo?). Great day apart from the result, brought back memories of our first play-off against Blackburn.

One player clearly stood out, Liam Lawrence.

MALF and Rov Rum, as Big Ron would say 'Spotters Badge', I know he went on to arse up the penalty but I thought he had a great game, well worth a gamble for us. Confident Playmaker that scores!

Does Micky think the same?

I think we should definately make a move on this wizard, I watched some of it yesterday on sky and he looked great. He is usually excellent at taking penalties, i'm glad he missed because we have more chance of signing him now.

Micky off you go son

Malf said:
I think we should definately make a move on this wizard, I watched some of it yesterday on sky and he looked great. He is usually excellent at taking penalties, i'm glad he missed because we have more chance of signing him now.

Micky off you go son

We told you didnt we Malf, quality player.

rotherhamfox said:
Malf said:

Micky off you go son

If we sign him RovRum I think we can give ourselves a huge pat on the back, perhaps we could sponsor him too.

Malf said:
rotherhamfox said:
Malf said:

Micky off you go son

If we sign him RovRum I think we can give ourselves a huge pat on the back, perhaps we could sponsor him too.

Yeh we could, sod this academy player we wanna sponsor get Liam on our books.

I see no reason why we won't sign Liam! :wink: Other than the fact he's young he is a central midfielder with plenty of skill and an eye for goal, which is perfect to replace Muzzle. His age is a problem as Adams doesn't like players aged 23 and under, but we could work around that.

Don't fcvk about Adams get on your raleigh shopper to Mansfield and pick Lawrence up for £100,000

Malf said:
Don't fcvk about Adams get on your raleigh shopper to Mansfield and pick Lawrence up for £100,000

Laughed out loud on reading that. Quality Malf. :wink:

Steven said:
Malf said:

Laughed out loud on reading that. Quality Malf. :wink:

Cheers me duck, it's true though. These players are up for grabs for bugger all and if we don't get them someone like Sheffield Wednesday will and then sell them for £3 million in a years time. Crazy

Malf said:
I see no reason why we won't sign Liam! :wink: Other than the fact he's young he is a central midfielder with plenty of skill and an eye for goal, which is perfect to replace Muzzle.

Just what I thought, doesn't work as hard to win the ball back as Muzz but the way he uses the ball is great. His fitness can't be questioned either after 120mins he still looked lively. But what do I know? With Tiatto knocking about why would we need him? :wink:

Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:
I see no reason why we won't sign Liam! :wink: Other than the fact he's young he is a central midfielder with plenty of skill and an eye for goal, which is perfect to replace Muzzle.

Just what I thought, doesn't work as hard to win the ball back as Muzz but the way he uses the ball is great. His fitness can't be questioned either after 120mins he still looked lively. But what do I know? With Tiatto knocking about why would we need him? :wink:

Izzet never worked that hard to win the ball back in the glory years as he was an attacking midfielder, we desperately need Lawrence.

Malf said:
Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:

Izzet never worked that hard to win the ball back in the glory years as he was an attacking midfielder, we desperately need Lawrence.

That's untrue. He probably didn't do that in his early years, but once he assumed more responsibility in midfield with the likes of Savage and Lennon gone, and reverting to a 4 man midfield, he was everywhere trying to take the whole midfield on himself.

I thought he looked excellent I must say, right until the end his passing was superb. Get him in MA, get him in...

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:

That's untrue. He probably didn't do that in his early years, but once he assumed more responsibility in midfield with the likes of Savage and Lennon gone, and reverting to a 4 man midfield, he was everywhere trying to take the whole midfield on himself.

In the glory years we never played 4 across the midfield. He has always put his foot in, but it's only been the past 3 years he's became a talisman.

Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:

In the glory years we never played 4 across the midfield. He has always put his foot in, but it's only been the past 3 years he's became a talisman.

I know. We only started reverting to a 4 man midfield under Basset. I was just using that as one of the factors.

Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Scowcroft said:
Malf said:
Bobby Smith said:
Malf said:

I know. We only started reverting to a 4 man midfield under Basset. I was just using that as one of the factors.

Hopefully we wouldn't f*ck Lawrence up aswell then, if we get him of course.

BOB HAZELL said:
Is he out of contract with the Stags now :?:
There are massive arguments going on over contracts and money at Mansfield. He appears to be one of the players involved. With Leeds, Hull and Sheff Utd interested I don't think he will be hanging around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757