4th Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vcash would have been on an England win (with a small hedge on the draw). So thank goodness I wasn't logged on in time :icon_bigg

Mohammad Asif bowled really well after being out for so long. Wonder if we'll ever see him back at Grace Road again.
England face a battle to save this one. Maybe the weather might help :102:

We're up against it.

Heavy showers are predicted for the next few days though. As long as we don't collapse again then we should be able to play out a draw.

England currently 33 runs behind with 4 wickets down.

Pakistan have been accused of ball tampering and have refused to come out of their dressing room after tea. England could well win this game in the next 10 minutes because of it.

****ing hilarious :biggrin:

Last edited:
England currently 33 runs behind with 4 wickets down.

Pakistan have been accused of ball tampering and have refused to come out of their dressing room after tea. England could well win this game in the next 10 minutes because of it.

****ing hilarious :biggrin:

Whats been happening - did they return or not?

So heres what happened:
1434: The umpires change the ball after believing it has been tampered with. England's batsmen get to choose the ball and five runs are added to the total.
1545: Bad light stops play and tea is taken.
1640: Play is scheduled to restart. The umpires are ready, the England batsmen are in the pavilion ready but there is no sign of the Pakistan team.
1654: The umpires and the England batsmen are both at the wicket, no Pakistan players though.
1657: The umpires remove the bails and walk off with the England players.
1711: Chief executive of the ECB goes into the Pakistan changing room to convince them to play.
1724: Pakistan team take the field. The umpires and England are nowhere to be seen.
1727: The Pakistan team leave the field.

So I gather the umpires consider the match to be finished with Pakistan having forfeited the game.

I'm not sure what I want to happen tomorrow, it will be a bit of a farce because England have already fairly been awarded the win. England have done no wrong, have followed the rules of the game and should be awarded the win.

I have some sympathy towards Pakistan, they may have been unfairly treated but their reaction to it was totally over the top. They were ahead in the game by a long way and were only 10 overs away from getting the new ball. They should have won the test match and asked questions later.

The umpires and in particular Darrell Hair are at the centre of the contreversy. Hair has had previous run ins with Pakistan and that adds to the drama. I do believe that they did what they thought was right though and have followed the laws of the game. In their opinion the ball was damaged and so changed, Pakistan didn't come out after tea so the game was forfeited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669