A reason why Hughes has been underperfoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 million.... in January???????? Errrrrrr good reporting.

Absolute shite bollox. Are we now safe because of the bravery this soldier has shown?. Are we fook. It's pathetic. Surely no one falls for this shite. He may have a bad ankle, but come on, Hughes, a season saver?. Like Fook!

Have the fookin' op, use a lollipop stick as a splint, hope the wind doesn't knock you off your feet, tell your agent and the club to cut the spin bollox and get fit for next season. Ridiculous

Melton Fox said:
Absolute shite bollox. Are we now safe because of the bravery this soldier has shown?. Are we fook. It's pathetic. Surely no one falls for this shite. He may have a bad ankle, but come on, Hughes, a season saver?. Like Fook!

Have the fookin' op, use a lollipop stick as a splint, hope the wind doesn't knock you off your feet, tell your agent and the club to cut the spin bollox and get fit for next season. Ridiculous

Vitriol:038:

He has scored some extremely important goals for us of late however and is a key member of our team. Those against Hughes will eat their words.

alex said:
He has scored some extremely important goals for us of late however and is a key member of our team. Those against Hughes will eat their words.
indeed-he got the winner against qpr if i remember rightly-the victory which got us on our way and calmed the nerves with the second goal against palace-people forget just because he has been ineffective in the last couple of games

Sure, Hughes will be an integral part of this team. And I am not doubting that But has he been our saviour for not having this operation?

The club/player/agent whoever has decided it is time to win him some friends and release this bollox.

Ths spin that comes from football players is ridiculous

Last edited:
Melton Fox said:
Sure, Hughes will be an integral part of this team. And I am not doubting that But has he been our saviour for not having this operation?

The club/player/agent whoever has decided it is time to win him some friends and release this bollox.

Ths spin that comes from football players is ridiculous
i never said he was our saviour-just he has played an important role since kelly took over :icon_cool

drummindefender said:
i never said he was our saviour-just he has played an important role since kelly took over :icon_cool
No, you weren't but that was what the article was implying

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
Stephen Hughes will be the player of the year in 2007 :icon_bigg I hope.

Didnt we say that at the end of last season as well, I would hope it isnt that cut and dried to be honest, McCarthy, Kisnorbo, Stearman, Weso, Hume and Fryatt all have the ability and shown the consistency in performance, since Kelly took over the reigns, to show that they could be Player of the Season in 2007.

Melton Fox said:
The club/player/agent whoever has decided it is time to win him some friends and release this bollox. Ths spin that comes from football players is ridiculous
With respect, Melton, I'd say you've fallen for a load of bollocks yourself. :icon_bigg

Look at the only "quote" in that "story" about Hughes: "Stephen Hughes has put off an ankle operation"

Club spin??? Hardly! More like lazy, sensationalist journalism.

I'm amazed that you'd take this sort of shite as gospel. I sometimes think people are just gagging to take an easy pop at the club, when that's the conclusion they draw from such shabby evidence. :018: :icon_wink :056:

hughes and williams played well today i thought and didnt hide from challenges despite what people continued to criticise them for today, idiots don't even watch half the time

To be honest I am not impressed.

Either he really has put of the injury meaning he is still injury prone and has only achieved a run in the side by holding off treatment.

Or the story is bullshit to try and make him look better then what he is.

Chrysalis said:

Either he really has put of the injury meaning he is still injury prone and has only achieved a run in the side by holding off treatment.

Exactly, that is my opinion, but I expressed it a touch angrier

Chrysalis said:

OR it's a lazy piece of journalism from Sky with a one-line quote from RK and really has NOTHING to do with anything sinister coming from LCFC!!! :icon_roll :icon_roll :icon_roll

FFS.... :021:

But most importantly, this was the quote

"Stephen Hughes has put off an ankle operation,"

The club told us that, so what are we supposed to believe they are telling us it for then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757