Accessing the site on your mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
If you want to access the site on your mobile, I recommend you bookmark http://mobile.talkingballs.co.uk/ on your phone.

This will give you one click access to two mobile styles, and the standard version of the site.
The default mobile style linked from that page is the one that came with the forum software, and I have had problems using it.
The alternative mobile style was created by a third party and in my opinion it is better.

If you have a smartphone there are apps available that some people prefer to use.

Tapatalk and Forum runner are available for iPhone, Android and some other smartphones.

Forum Runner is $1.99, and there is a free version that allows you to read the forum but not post. Tapatalk costs $2.99.

You can find out more about these apps here: http://www.tapatalk.com/ and here: http://www.forumrunner.net/

If you have any problems using the site on your phone please post the details in this thread.

Just got a Samsung Galaxy S II and wonder if anyone else has one that can recommend which app to go for to access the site. Currently I just log in as a guest via google etc

Last edited:
Google comes up when I click on Internet and talkingballs is already there having been previously searched so I just click on it and the forum comes up. I have not put my username/password in yet as I have not used the phone much on the internet since last week when I got it. But this will change soon so I will be logging in more and just wondered if it would be better to get an app.

Re: Forum Upgrade Discussion

JeffWhen posting from my phone using the mobile version (the non standard one), all the text is put into one big paragraph. I haven't noticed this before but don't really post from my phone much.

Last edited:
Just got a Samsung Galaxy S II and wonder if anyone else has one that can recommend which app to go for to access the site. Currently I just log in as a guest via google etc

Tapatalk is good and very easy to use, although if you have ignored threads it shows them on there.

Recently i cant access general chat from my iphone even though i am signed in ?

Tapatalk is now free if you get it from Getjar.com (normally £1.99).

Thanks for the info, some decent apps on there for free that you'd have to pay for on the android market.

Hi Jeff,

Somehow, messing about on the appointment have removed the links at the bottom showing the lcfc and Leicester Mercury links, how can I restore them please?

Hi Jeff,

Somehow, messing about on the appointment have removed the links at the bottom showing the lcfc and Leicester Mercury links, how can I restore them please?

I removed them for mobile phones, I didn't think people would use them on mobiles as you have to scroll down past everything else to see them. I'm planning to add separate pages for the latest news, plus fixtures stats etc. It's quite complicated to set up though, and I'm still learning how to do it.

I removed them for mobile phones, I didn't think people would use them on mobiles as you have to scroll down past everything else to see them. I'm planning to add separate pages for the latest news, plus fixtures stats etc. It's quite complicated to set up though, and I'm still learning how to do it.

Oh, ok thanks. No problem at all...thought it was me!!!

Jeff there is a server error. I can't post a thread or reply in the techie thread.

It is when I open up a started conversation it says server error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757