Adams: "A nice mixture would be great."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrescu

http://www.lcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10274~525567,00.html

"If you look at the players that I have released then you will see that a lot of them are coming towards the end of their careers anyway." This obviously doesnt bother Micky.

"You need experience in key areas. A nice mixture would be great." I dont see a mixture??

Lets take a look at the players we have signed and the players we have let go that they have replaced. Williams isnt included because he hasnt signed yet, all he has done so far is help sell a few more season tickets.

Released .......... Replaced by
Marcus Bent (26) Dion Dublin (35) Age increase of 9 years.
Ben Thatcher (28.) Danny Tiatto (31) Age increase of 3 years.
Muzzy Izzet (29) Jason McAtter (33) Age increase of 4 years.

So with the 3 players officially signed there an age increase of 16 years compared to the players postions they will most likely take over from.

All that has been decreased is the size of the squad.

You Cant Fool Me Micky Adams, liar.

Thanks for reading.

The players he released meaning the players that contract weren't renewed meaning... Mckinaly, Davidson Hignett etc etc

Where as there was no way of keeping Muzzy, Thatcher left through a clause in his contract and Bent was on loan HENCE none of them being players released.

Petrescu, I think the time to start moaning is nearer the start of the season when final additions have been made and the squad is settled. Stop moaning for god sake, Rome wasnt built in a day and neither will a football teams squad. Give it time im sure MA wants young players as much as older ones

Teeno said:
The players he released meaning the players that contract weren't renewed meaning... Mckinaly, Davidson Hignett etc etc
I didnt know what else to put, so i put released. I meant players not here anymorr

Walker

Canero, Heath, Dabizas, Stewart

Scowcroft, McAteer, Williams, Tiatto

Wright, Dublin

Looks a nice mix to me.

Petrescu said:

"If you look at the players that I have released then you will see that a lot of them are coming towards the end of their careers anyway." This obviously doesnt bother Micky.

"You need experience in key areas. A nice mixture would be great." I dont see a mixture??

Lets take a look at the players we have signed and the players we have let go that they have replaced. Williams isnt included because he hasnt signed yet, all he has done so far is help sell a few more season tickets.

So with the 3 players officially signed there an age increase of 16 years compared to the players postions they will most likely take over from.

Thanks for reading.

Why not give us all the facts, rather than twist things to support your own point of view?

Williams SHOULD be included, because he's agreed to join at the end of his contract at f*rest, just like Dublin, Tiatto and McAteer can't officially sign until July. The only difference with Williams is we don't know how much he'll cost us.

You've been very selective in the players you've quoted as being 'released', only mentioning the (relatively) younger players, rather than players who have really been released, like of Guppy, McKinlay, Sinclair etc.

Micky said he wants a mixture of players, and that's exactly what he's getting. He signed two younger players last season in Morris and Canero, and Williams will be the third. In the same amount of time he's signed three older players (but still younger than many of those released). Three 'old' players and three young players seems like a fairly good mix to me.

Good young players cost money, we can't afford to pay lots of transfer fees, so we're still having to pick up older players from other clubs.

But whoever we sign, I'm 100% certain that the average age of our first team next season will be lower than it was last season - and that's even if Ferdinand signs and Elliott gets into the team.

McAteer has agreed to a one year contract, so if he's no good we can get rid of him next summer. Maybe we should have only given the likes of Thatcher, Dickov and Scimeca a one year contract last summer.

webmaster said:
Petrescu said:

Thanks for reading.

You've been very selective in the players you've quoted as being 'released', only mentioning the (relatively) younger players, rather than players who have really been released, like of Guppy, McKinlay, Sinclair etc.
I selected the first team players that played regularly - Guppy, McKinley, Sinclair didnt. So why would i compare the new players to reserve players?

Petrescu said:
I selected the first team players that played regularly - Guppy, McKinley, Sinclair didnt. So why would i compare the new players to reserve players?

What makes you think all the new players will be first team regulars?

Bent (who wasn't even our player to be included on your list) regularly started matches on the bench. I think in his time at the club Guppy's percentage of appearances was similar to Bent's, when he was available he was always in the squad. So I'd count him as a first team regular, even if he wasn't always first choice. Sinclair was a regular in the team towards the end of the season. You also didn't include Freund on your list of 'released' players, presumably including him would also couteract your argument.

It's fairer to compare players on a 'like for like' basis. Williams may have been signed to replace Izzet, Tiatto to replace Guppy, Dublin to replace Ferdinand and McAteer to replace McKinlay. If that's the case the new signings are all younger than the players they are replacing.

I can see Webbo's point and it's not so much the age thing more that Macateer isn't any good IMO.It's just dissapointing with Lawrence going to Sunderland,Smith to Derby and we end up with Macateer.I just hope the has beens aren't the only players that want to come to us.We desperately need a youngish striker.

Petrescu said:

Thanks for reading.

I think u are being a dic* and u are losing the faith. Don't lose the faith til tha fat lady sings.

webmaster said:
[But whoever we sign, I'm 100% certain that the average age of our first team next season will be lower than it was last season - and that's even if Ferdinand signs and Elliott gets into the team.

Thank you Webmaster. That's what I needed, 100% certainty - you are dealt with now Petrescu -everything is really fine. And .....just think of all those managers & chairmen in mental turmoil this morning after Micky beat them off to bring in Jason McAteer - the official site & teletext are clear about this -loads of clubs wanted him. I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool had been planning to snatch him up to replace Gerrard.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

There's Faith and there's Blind Faith,just because some of us question some of the signings doesn't mean we are disloyal.If you are happy with the signings so far then fair enough,I'm not doesn't mean I want us to fail.

Fact of the matter is those players have gone, and they aint coming back. Rather than saying we need someone to replace Muzzy, or Guppy, or Dickov, MA & DB are probally saying 'oh we need another striker, or a holding mid player'.

Why do we have to bring in players that are going to be exactly the same as the ones released just a few year younger? At the end of the day if were talking about the new Premiership season this time next year then MA will of done his job even if it was with older more experinaced players - why is everyone so aginst older players we know they can still do a job in the best leauges (SIR LES SCORED 12)

we do have a mixture of young ad experienced players if u do not already know,

the average age of our squad is 26

with 5/6 players under 23/24

but the others are old layers that will do a job for a seaon

so we are mixing youth with experience

Redditch Fox said:
webmaster said:
But whoever we sign, I'm 100% certain that the average age of our first team next season will be lower than it was last season - and that's even if Ferdinand signs and Elliott gets into the team.

Thank you Webmaster. That's what I needed, 100% certainty - you are dealt with now Petrescu -everything is really fine. And .....just think of all those managers & chairmen in mental turmoil this morning after Micky beat them off to bring in Jason McAteer - the official site & teletext are clear about this -loads of clubs wanted him. I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool had been planning to snatch him up to replace Gerrard.

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king!

I didn't say everything is fine, and I didn't say I agreed with the signing of McAteer. The point I was trying to make is that Petrescu was deliberately distorting the 'facts' to prove something that isn't true. If you only include the facts that support your argument you can prove anything.

Before judging any signing I want to see the player in a Leicester shirt for a few games. Then if I think he's good/crap I'll say so.

Fox Fan said:
Fact of the matter is those players have gone, and they aint coming back. Rather than saying we need someone to replace Muzzy, or Guppy, or Dickov, MA & DB are probally saying 'oh we need another striker, or a holding mid player'.

Why do we have to bring in players that are going to be exactly the same as the ones released just a few year younger? At the end of the day if were talking about the new Premiership season this time next year then MA will of done his job even if it was with older more experinaced players - why is everyone so aginst older players we know they can still do a job in the best leauges (SIR LES SCORED 12)

To be fair -MA warned us about two things -first that the better players would leave and second that the club had been living beyond its means for four years and it now fell to him to do something about it.

I don't think that there is anyone else likely to be interested in coming to Leicester who would do a better job than MA in dealing with the situation -tho' I do think that DB is an unnecessary expense - the problem for me & I guess a few others is coming to terms with the reality of all this.

However, people posting stuff about promotion next season are -IMO - living a fantasy - its clear enough already that the squad is almost certain to be weaker than the one promoted, that it will finish lower down the table & that there is no sign yet of how the club will move towards a longer term building process. I accept that the likes of Dublin. McAteer & Tiatto are the only sort of players who he finds easy to bring in - but I doubt very much whether they will lead to instant promotion and obviously they do not have any longer term value. Put another way, Dickov, Thatcher & co were better class 'rejects' than the current crop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757