Adams in line for shock Leicester return, also Dowie & P.Sousa (SUNDAY MIRROR)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

Micky Adams could be offered a return to Leicester City after the shock departure of Nigel Pearson to Hull.

Port Vale chief Adams, the last man to manage the Foxes in the Premier League, will head the list as chairman Milan Mandaric looks for his ninth boss in little more than three years in charge.

Pearson, who guided Leicester to promotion from League One in his first season and then reached the Championship play-offs this year, will move after failing to agree a new contract because of disagreements about next season’s budget.

That will pave the way for ambitious Adams, 48, to return to the Walkers Stadium, where he won promotion to the top flight in 2003 despite a transfer ban because the club were in administration.

http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/jump/m...ct=home;templ=article;tile=8;oid=496979;ord=?Former Portugal international Paulo Sousa, who fell out with his board at Swansea over a lack of transfer cash, will also be on Mandaric’s shortlist.

And, ironically, he will also look at Iain Dowie, whose failure to keep Hull in the top flight during a spell as temporary consultant has opened the way for Pearson to move to the KC Stadium.

Meanwhile the NOTW says its basically a done deal

LEICESTER boss Nigel Pearson will be unveiled as Hull's new manager on Tuesday.

The Tigers agreed to pay compensation of around £350,000 on Friday night.
Pearson, whose departure caught Leicester completely by surprise, will be taking No 2 Craig Shakespeare and head of recruitment Steve Walsh north with him from the Walkers Stadium.
The 46-year-old was not on the initial list of candidates drawn up by chairman Adam Pearson and owner Russell Bartlett to succeed Phil Brown at the KC Stadium, where Iain Dowie led a final bid to stay in the Premier League.
But he eventually emerged as the prime target, impressing the Hull board by taking the Foxes to the Championship play-offs last season on a shoestring budget, with some canny moves in the loan market.
Despite Hull's financial problems, Pearson will have funds to spend, but he knows he must first clear out the club's big earners.

But the NOTW also suggests were after a Liverpool player for £1million

FOXES FANCY £1M KOP DEFENDER

Darby could quit Anfield

darby_280x420_126705a.jpg

DARBY: Liverpool youth product

By Greg Gobere, 26/06/2010
LIVERPOOL can boost their transfer kitty if they allow Stephen Darby to move to Leicester.

The Foxes are ready to offer £1million for the Kop's England Under-19 international, 21, who made his senior debut against Tottenham in January.
But the right-back did play a crucial role in Swindon Town's promotion charge last season which ended in a play-off defeat to Millwall at Wembley.
Darby was one of three Premiership loan players that returned to their parent clubs from Swindon in recent weeks along with West Ham's Frank Nouble and Bolton midfielder Danny Ward.
Nigel Pearson's possible switch to Hull could threaten to derail the bid.

Last edited:
Micky Adams did a good job for us, but he's never done anything since. I always think that whole farce where 3 of our players were randomly set-up with invented rape charges in La Manga took its toll on him. I have a lot of time for him, but I would be weary of a re-appointment.

As for Dowie - please, just don't even joke about that shit.

That Darby story is bizarre if true, he did look good for Swindon in the play-offs last year and we do seem to like taking Liverpool players on, but £1mil? Surely that negates the idea that Pearson is going because MM won't give him any money to spend.

Last edited:
On second thoughts. I'm surprised reports are coming out now linking us with managers owned by other clubs. I couldn't imagine Mandaric will want to pay compensation for anyone.

If true, I would think we'd be aiming a little higher than Micky Adams and Paulo Sousa. Sean O'Driscoll springs to mind...

Meanwhile the NOTW says its basically a done deal

But the NOTW also suggests were after a Liverpool player for £1million

Lets spot the deliberate mistake in this, if our manager's going, who is it exactly thats trying to sign this player? If the reason Pearson's leaving is through lack of funds for next season, where's the £1m coming from? Admitedly its all starting to sound a bit ominous about Pearson but lets wait and see. As for MM and budgets, I've always been a bit sceptical about how much if any of his own money he's actually put in. It wouldn't suprise me if we're up to the eye balls in debt because he's actually borrowed funds.

Adams? now thats a name i din't expect hear. As Profondo Rosso said i had a lot of time for Adams he had a pretty rough time the last time he was here with la manga and administration. Put too much pressure on him self with the "don't talk to me about play offs, only the top 2" statment he made. Which proved to be his downfall.

Don't want dowie he's pants.

Sousa would be a great appointment would get us playing good football and he did a decent job on a budget at swansea.

Eddie Howe would be a good call he managed to keep Bournmouth up and get them promoted with a transfer embargo on the club allowing 19 players.

or

Kenny Jackett who has turned Millwall round

Dowie and Adams are definite no nos!

Sousa on the other hand looks to be a good young manager who I would certainly like to see at the Walkers.

Thinking about it if Dowie gets appointed I would seriously consider taking my season ticket back, I seriously can't stand that twat, he is such a managerial failure, please Milan keep well away.

**** me it's like walking into a nightmare..

only one man would be a step forward in my book and that's Curbishley. Jackett from Millwall might be worth a shout if we fancied paying the compo but otherwise It's gone from being optimistic about next season to complete uncertainty...

I can understand him wanting to go but by moving to Hull shows it's clearly about the money and that's the be all and end all there as they are definately a smaller club. I hope he crashes and burns and the parachute money dries up pronto, then they will be in a world of shit :098:

I liked Adams when he was here, but no.

I think La Manga destroyed him, and he's only backwards since it seems.

If the mad Serb wants to avoid paying compo then he should look no further than Alan Curbishley, assuming he's sorted his compo out with Wet Spam!

Curbishley won't be interested in the Leicester job. He's been waiting ages for his next managerial job, I doubt he's been waiting for a skint city.

At the end of the season I had a dream that Pearson left and Adams came back. Then we re-signed Scowcroft. Dream crying.

Curbishley won't be interested in the Leicester job. He's been waiting ages for his next managerial job, I doubt he's been waiting for a skint city.

Curbishley is no longer looked as a 'must have manager' He would struggle nowadays to get anything better than us.

At first i was not to keen on a Rodgers/Clarke appointment.

But the more i think about it ,it would not be a bad option.

Rodgers never really got a chance at Reading,but he got them playing some cracking football,and with Clarke being a very highly respected no2 it could well be worth the punt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263