Confirmed Transfer Adrien Silva loaned to Monaco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City midfielder Adrien Silva will spend the 2019/20 campaign on loan with Ligue 1 side AS Monaco.

The 30-year-old joined City from Sporting Lisbon in 2017, where he scored 32 goals in 169 league appearances for the Portuguese side.

Silva has featured for City 21 times in all competitions and spent the second half of last season on loan with AS Monaco, helping them to five wins and six draws in 15 games.

He has represented his country 21 times at senior level, scoring once, and was part of the Portugal squad that won the UEFA European Championships in 2016, while also featuring for them at the World Cup in Russia in 2018.

Silva joins Foxes’ teammate Islam Slimani on loan at AS Monaco for the 2019/20 campaign and could feature for them this weekend when they take on Nimes at Stade Louis II on Sunday.

Good luck to him
Still think if he had been signed by Man U, we wouldn’t have heard of the 14seconds shambles

Could not cope with the pace of the Premier League. Good luck Adrien.

**** him and his mate Slimani.

These deals are our painful lesson not to ever sign players on their last big contract. The moment they signed those deals they were set for life. The selling club, the agent and the player have totally used us.

Neither player has ever shown any interest in adapting, integrating, or improving. Two 'Senor Dis-n-Dats'.

Young and hungry players are the only way for the likes of us.

He and Slim can form a #hateFoxes club at Monaco. They'll be so happy.

Nah, I wish him well. Undoubtedly a talented player but too slow to really cut it with us, or probably in the Prem. Shame they've not bought him but as least (some of/ most of) his wages are off our books,

These deals are our painful lesson not to ever sign players on their last big contract. The moment they signed those deals they were set for life. The selling club, the agent and the player have totally used us.

Neither player has ever shown any interest in adapting, integrating, or improving. Two 'Senor Dis-n-Dats'.

I agree. But we then can’t moan if these young and hungry players want to move onto bigger and better things.

Hey come on pussy cat, you like footballer? I sell you nice Rachid Ghezzal, barely used! He better than Mahrez, he has an extra Z in his name!

He and Slim can form a #hateFoxes club at Monaco. They'll be so happy.

Nah, I wish him well. Undoubtedly a talented player but too slow to really cut it with us, or probably in the Prem. Shame they've not bought him but as least (some of/ most of) his wages are off our books,

Ill-starred from the word go, really. Iirc he eventually emerged from his pupoid state sometime around new year 2018, replacing a temporarily fit(tish) Matty James, and immediately found himself with the near-continuous task of hoovering up Chilwell’s(and to some extent Wilf’s) messes on the left hand side, which he wasn’t as good as James at.

Ah well, time to see if it’s another foreign dud that mysteriously perks up once he leaves our club - the prospect of him and Slim between them clocking up 100+ loan appearances, presumably mostly at LCFC’s expense - is ridiculous even by our standards.

Ah well, time to see if it’s another foreign dud that mysteriously perks up once he leaves our club
Are there lots of examples of this? There may be players who have moved to poorer quality leagues and have done okayish but that's about your lot really.

Ey calm down English

Silva did everything possible to adapt.

Unlike most he moved his entire family here from Portugal.

That isn't and wasn't an easy thing to do with a young family.

Say what you want about Silva on the pitch but don't make things up

Silva did everything possible to adapt.

Unlike most he moved his entire family here from Portugal.

That isn't and wasn't an easy thing to do with a young family.

Say what you want about Silva on the pitch but don't make things up

I don't give a shiny shite if he did classes in Countesthorpe Village Hall every week sharing tales of the Moura Encantada.

I'm talking about adapting to the football here. He could have made an effort to integrate into our playing style. He didn't. He just plodded through every opportunity like he was on a beach in the Algarve.

He came in and did his thing. It didn't work so he carried on doing his thing, except every appearance got slightly worse than the one before. All whilst smiling politely and pocketing £80k a week.

Maybe his wife spent a few quid of that in Countesthorpe Co-op but frankly, that doesn't matter to me.

I don't give a shiny shite if he did classes in Countesthorpe Village Hall every week sharing tales of the Moura Encantada.

I'm talking about adapting to the football here. He could have made an effort to integrate into our playing style. He didn't. He just plodded through every opportunity like he was on a beach in the Algarve.

He came in and did his thing. It didn't work so he carried on doing his thing, except every appearance got slightly worse than the one before. All whilst smiling politely and pocketing £80k a week.

Maybe his wife spent a few quid of that in Countesthorpe Co-op but frankly, that doesn't matter to me.

Some players can't adapt to the PL, he's a decent professional who has achieved a lot so I find it highly unlikely he didn't try.

Some players can't adapt to the PL, he's a decent professional who has achieved a lot so I find it highly unlikely he didn't try.

He cannot possibly be described as a decent professional.

He's either incapable of adapting in which case he isn't 'decent' or he wasn't willing to adapt in which case he is a shit 'professional'.

Are there lots of examples of this? There may be players who have moved to poorer quality leagues and have done okayish but that's about your lot really.

Lots, no. But I'd say Kramaric and Iborra especially are thriving away from the King Power. Hernandez, Zieler, Benny, Inler are at least playing but not at a level we rate.

I guess there are lots of factors out there for our recruiting team to consider, which now apparently include mastering the skills of clairvoyance and mindreading, which any fool could have used to save us £50m or so on our Portugeezers (but not the latest one).

It's probably true to say that there was a massive shift in recruitment policy and budget towards Foreign players, established and rookies, from 2015 onwards. In addition, our new recruits don't have the luxury of acclimatising in the rough old Championship as did Mahrez. I still think our overseas buying policies and decisions are far more successful than not, though I will be scratching my head over why Slimani for a while yet. A more intelligent use of loans seems most obvious, but I expect they know this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363