alliance and leicester.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
shares down 32% today.anybody gone to queue up for their money

how does the financing work for A&L? We've seen quite a problem with people panicking with Bradford and Bingley pulling money out but their funding is similar to Northern Rock's, wonder how many places get fooked from the mass stressing

SWWG wasn't there today he started his new job ... maybe he arranged a large withdrawal for himself :102:

how does the financing work for A&L? We've seen quite a problem with people panicking with Bradford and Bingley pulling money out but their funding is similar to Northern Rock's, wonder how many places get fooked from the mass stressing

My s-i-l works for one of the traditional high street banks and they were very busy on friday with people paying money in. So it doesn't seem as if people are taking it and hiding it all under the matress.

all i know is its a good time to invest in some of these banks,the share price will go up it usually does:icon_wink

all i know is its a good time to invest in some of these banks,the share price will go up it usually does:icon_wink

I agree, it will take a while but anyone that shows some nerve will make a fortune out of this. My bro-in-law has a top job at the Narborough branch and is well placed to give good info on the A&L. The feedback i have is that there is no need to panic at all. A&L invest differently to Northern Rock by spreading their outlay through various mechanisms. Northern rock apparently have all their eggs in one basket and thus the potential for this to happen was greater than other banks. Also the A&L share price crash can be partly blamed on misleading media coverage. The public have picked up on this, and are in a frenzy just like when we had the picketing of the refinaries and the potential of a fuel shortage. Within hours you couldnt buy petrol, and other essentials because the panicking public thought it was the end of the world. They have watched whats happening at Northern Rock and suddenly think that the A&L is going down the same path. Well with the info i have, i will not be in any queue outside the A&L tomorrow. Sit tight and wait for it to blow over, and if you can afford a few groats on some shares you will be laughing in the long run

a&l shouldnt be affected in the same way that northern rock and B&B are. as they have no connection to the american sub-prime market that has driven the slow down in the world economy. people are panicing amd lumping the smaller banks in together by the looks of things

a&l shouldnt be affected in the same way that northern rock and B&B are. as they have no connection to the american sub-prime market that has driven the slow down in the world economy. people are panicing amd lumping the smaller banks in together by the looks of things

We have moved on. We are now in the stage whereby in order to meet the liabilities for a number of maturing debt Instruments, Banks are hoarding their cash. ;)

I agree, it will take a while but anyone that shows some nerve will make a fortune out of this. My bro-in-law has a top job at the Narborough branch and is well placed to give good info on the A&L. The feedback i have is that there is no need to panic at all. A&L invest differently to Northern Rock by spreading their outlay through various mechanisms. Northern rock apparently have all their eggs in one basket and thus the potential for this to happen was greater than other banks. Also the A&L share price crash can be partly blamed on misleading media coverage. The public have picked up on this, and are in a frenzy just like when we had the picketing of the refinaries and the potential of a fuel shortage. Within hours you couldnt buy petrol, and other essentials because the panicking public thought it was the end of the world. They have watched whats happening at Northern Rock and suddenly think that the A&L is going down the same path. Well with the info i have, i will not be in any queue outside the A&L tomorrow. Sit tight and wait for it to blow over, and if you can afford a few groats on some shares you will be laughing in the long run

Nor is there any need to be in a queue outside the Northern Rock - the Government have now guaranteed people's savings there (not that it was needed).

Nor is there any need to be in a queue outside the Northern Rock - the Government have now guaranteed people's savings there (not that it was needed).

That won't stop 'em

I saw a queue of feckin' hundreds of the loons today

Full of old people and people who shouldn't be allowed out in public on their own

But you can't tell people can you. Sometimes the (irrational) actions of people can bring about just the sort of disaster they are trying to avoid.

Bit like appointing Megson!

(joke)

Correct and if people had listened properly in the first place then they wouldnt have had to be in a queue anyway.

We have moved on. We are now in the stage whereby in order to meet the liabilities for a number of maturing debt Instruments, Banks are hoarding their cash. ;)

im just repeating the nonsense the gaffer has sent to all staff. Hes in for a long night they were sending statements to staff at 8 this evening. saying that its all gash any ways. no to worry blah ****ing blah:icon_wink

That won't stop 'em

I saw a queue of feckin' hundreds of the loons today

Full of old people and people who shouldn't be allowed out in public on their own

I've got more money than I can afford to lose in the Northern Roack - especially as I am no longer in a position to replenish it. But I haven't got time to waste, standing in a queue for no purpose at all.

Correct and if people had listened properly in the first place then they wouldnt have had to be in a queue anyway.

Exactly - and now we have the prospect that there will be queues outside other financial institutions for no reason at all.

I've got more money than I can afford to lose in the Northern Roack - especially as I am no longer in a position to replenish it. But I haven't got time to waste, standing in a queue for no purpose at all.

Too right, can't be doing with any more Prediction League delays :icon_wink

True this had been foreseen a while back by some senior bankers I know due to the repayment of various papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46