Almost guilty for thinking it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOX Franks

But is there anyone else thinking that we might be able to nick 2nd if we keep laying the way we are? I must admit I've just looked at the table and I genuinely didn't realise how close is it round those playoff spots.

I wonder if Sven has one eye on those automatic spots....

Nope. I think Forest, with 2 games in hand on us (potentially 11 points ahead of us) will share the top two spots with QPR.

I really don't see any way that we can make up that sort of deficit. However, I'm beginning to think that the playoffs are within our grasp providing we maintain our form.

Nope. I think Forest, with 2 games in hand on us (potentially 11 points ahead of us) will share the top two spots with QPR.

I really don't see any way that we can make up that sort of deficit. However, I'm beginning to think that the playoffs are within our grasp providing we maintain our form.

Same here. I'm picturing a repeat of last year's playoff semi.

We have Forest to play though, so if we beat them that's an instant 3 points on them. Of course they're games in hand make it look extremely unlikely, but they haven't won them yet.

Just realised that one of Forest's games in hand is on Wednesday night, away to Scunthorpe. The other is away to Middlesbrough on 1st March. Boro look a renewed side, but you'd expect them to get at least 4 points from those games. Cardiff's game in hand is on Tuesday vs. Burnley.

Last edited:
But is there anyone else thinking that we might be able to nick 2nd if we keep laying the way we are? I must admit I've just looked at the table and I genuinely didn't realise how close is it round those playoff spots.

I wonder if Sven has one eye on those automatic spots....

Now you tell me.

Just turned over on to my back!

We have Forest to play though, so if we beat them that's an instant 3 points on them. Of course they're games in hand make it look extremely unlikely, but they haven't won them yet.

Wishing won't make it so

Let's not forget that our next two away games are Cardiff and QPR - it's going to be extremely difficult to maintain the momentum through these games.

We are in wonderful form, look full of confidence and have a general positive aura about us, but reaching the play-offs would be a miraculous achievement given where we were earlier in the year. In my opinion, the automatic spots are beyond us and I would be ecstatic with 6th.

it has to happen!!

I didnt realise the Champions League final at Wembley had meant they moved the Championship playoff final to the monday.......otherw*s* there is no way i would have booked a flight to Rome that day!!
Gonna cost more than the initial flight cost to move it!
Arse:bang:
Gutted.

2nd or bust (for me being selfish!):icon_cry:

Ref Forest, Scunthorpe are a highly unpredictable team, who almost got something at Cardiff on Saturday. I don't think their two games in hand are easy as some are making out.

Forest also play Cardiff this weekend. If they lose to Scunthorpe and draw with Cardiff, and we beat Bristol City the gap will only be 3 points. They then have a tricky game at Boro and still us to play.

Don't write off 2nd place just yet :icon_wink

Last edited:
It isn't going to happen so stop talking about it

Finishing sixth is achievement enough, given where we were when the fop left us

Ref Forest, Scunthorpe are a highly unpredictable team, who almost got something at Cardiff on Saturday. I don't think their two games in hand are easy as some are making out.

Forest also play Cardiff this weekend. If they lose to Scunthorpe and draw with Cardiff, and we beat Bristol City the gap will only be 3 points. They then have a tricky game at Boro and still us to play.

Don't write off 2nd place just yet :icon_wink

Says the guy whose team has Cardiff, Forest and QPR all to play away plus the unpredictable Scunthorpe......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263