Android Accuweather widget

Status
Not open for further replies.

spionfox

Anyone else having trouble with this widget? It hasn't updated for several days even on a manual refresh. Had the same problem a month or so back and eventually it updated.

Screenshot_2013-08-09-10-15-23.jpg

Failing that, anyone recommend a better combined clock/weather app?

Thanks.

image.jpgI got rid of that rubbish app and use one called Android Weather from the play store, it's far more flexible and actually links correctly to the calendar, alarm clock etc.

Last edited:
Full name of the app is Android Weather & Clock Widget by Devexpert.NET

Right, obviously something other than the app is amiss because this new app is also reporting me to be somewhere I am not!

Screenshot_2013-08-09-11-16-55.jpg

It says (even after a refresh) that I am in Birmingham and the map shows the part of Brum (Kings Heath( that I was in when the Accuweather app last updated.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

Are you trying to set up a false alibi Spion? Are you really in Birmingham, but would like to imply you're not? Come on, spill the beans, what have you done?

Are you connected by wifi? Sometimes wifi networks can report the wrong location. Try opening the web browser and updating the location on google or go into location services and untick then retick it, this should update the system location.

Are you trying to set up a false alibi Spion? Are you really in Birmingham, but would like to imply you're not? Come on, spill the beans, what have you done?

On this occasion, no :icon_bigg

Are you connected by wifi? Sometimes wifi networks can report the wrong location. Try opening the web browser and updating the location on google or go into location services and untick then retick it, this should update the system location.

Tried turning WiFi off but even on 4G the location is not loading.

Just did a Google and am now sorted!!

Screenshot_2013-08-09-11-31-46.jpg

Amazingly, the 'fix' was to turn 'airplane' mode on and then reboot. Then, turn 'airplane' mode off and now all is working.

Gawd knows how people ever think to do that but all sorted now - thanks!

On this occasion, no :icon_bigg

Tried turning WiFi off but even on 4G the location is not loading.

Just did a Google and am now sorted!!

View attachment 10646

Amazingly, the 'fix' was to turn 'airplane' mode on and then reboot. Then, turn 'airplane' mode off and now all is working.

Gawd knows how people ever think to do that but all sorted now - thanks!

I'm not an Android user but a friend of mine recently had some kind of problem with an app and asked me to look at it, and turning the airplane mode off and on was the fix for that too.

I'm not an Android user but a friend of mine recently had some kind of problem with an app and asked me to look at it, and turning the airplane mode off and on was the fix for that too.

Was that a lucky guess Glyn or did you Google for an answer?

TBH it would never have occurred to me to even try that fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669