Confirmed Transfer Andy King loaned to Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City midfielder Andy King has joined Scottish Premiership side Rangers F.C. on loan until the end of the 2019/20 season.

The 30-year-old Wales international has appeared 378 times for the Foxes since his debut in 2007. He has scored 62 times for the Club in that time as well as winning the League 1 title, Championship title and Premier League title in Leicester City colours.

King, who is a graduate of Leicester City’s Academy, scored twice in 11 appearances during a loan spell with Swansea City during the 2017/18 season and spent time on loan with Derby County last season as the Rams made it to the EFL Championship Play-off Final.

The midfielder will now join Steven Gerrard’s side, who finished second in the Scottish Premiership last season, on loan for the 2019/20 campaign.

King will be eligible to make his Rangers F.C. debut away at East Fife on Sunday in the Scottish League Cup.

What a fantastic servant to Leicester City. Thanks Kingy and good luck.

I didn't realise his contract expired at the end of this season. I was happy with the move until I saw that. I was kinda hoping he'd just keep going out on loan until he's ready to retire.

Don't want to see him leave permantely.

I hope he gets a testimonial with us before he goes.

Good luck up there Kingy!

Yep. That'll be fun for him. Trips to frozen mudpiles in the middle of fecking nowhere every other week, football mostly played without the ball, 17th century religious bigotry & the joy that is a trip to Inverness to play in temperatures matched only on fecking Pluto.

If it was me I'd sooner retire.
This may be my favourite post. Ever. Anywhere.

Yeh. Occasional appearances for our U23s broadcast live on LCFC TV .... or play in front of 50000+ home fans, a European campaign, presumably whilst LCFC pay a good chunk of his wages. What an idiot!

Ecclefechan, here I come!

All the best Andy, enjoy your new challenge!

Yeh. Occasional appearances for our U23s broadcast live on LCFC TV .... or play in front of 50000+ home fans, a European campaign, presumably whilst LCFC pay a good chunk of his wages. What an idiot!

Ecclefechan, here I come!

All the best Andy, enjoy your new challenge!

Did Andy King ever get elevated to the £100k/week of Vardy, Wes and Kasper when we became Champions?

he will stand out in the Glasgow central league hope he does well, great servant to the club and consummate professional.
On a side note did anyone catch the rant from Jim White on Talk Spurs( prior to the season starting) when Lee Bowyer said his player going to Rangers instead of Brentford was a step down? Jim White was bigging up the SPL saying the likes of Celtic and Rangers and the top 4 of the SPL were on par with the premier league, wonder what his views are now?

he will stand out in the Glasgow central league hope he does well, great servant to the club and consummate professional.
On a side note did anyone catch the rant from Jim White on Talk Spurs( prior to the season starting) when Lee Bowyer said his player going to Rangers instead of Brentford was a step down? Jim White was bigging up the SPL saying the likes of Celtic and Rangers and the top 4 of the SPL were on par with the premier league, wonder what his views are now?

What do you expect?

Jim ****ing White is the biggest peddler of sporting shit known to man.

Hes an insufferable wanker

Good job CFR Cluj aren't in the Premier League then, that would put Leicester even further away from the top four.

Load of old wank. I don’t believe there are still people deluded enough to think Scottish football is in any way comparable in standard to the English game. I refuse.

First player to win PL, championship, L1 and Scottish titles would be a nice feat for him.

I think the fact that not a single Premier League club wanted him but the second best Scottish team does says a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757