Another Relegation Battle Next Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oadby Fox

We've been here before. Adams & Bassett have another summer of wheeling and dealing in front of them. Last year it was Premiership cast offs, this year will it be Nationwide rejects? I hope not.

I must say that I have been slightly taken aback by the scale of the exodus. We could lose up to 20 players the way things are looking. In my own naive way I was expecting a rump of a Premiership hardened side with a few useful imports thrown in to gain automatic promotion next season.

I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach that we may have quite a battle just to survive in Div 1 next season.

I suppose that is one of the dangers we face after releasing so many players.

Although, I don't think we will follow the same route as Derby/Forest - Difference is, they had Gregory and Platt as their manager's respectively, and they didn't have a clue.

We have a manager in Micky Adams who has been in this situation before, ableit at a lower level with Fulham and Brighton, and to a certain extent with us.

Him and Basset will know the type of players required to get us out of this division, and will have some funds available to achieve this.

Fair comment Scowcroft. No doubt they will try to get the best of the bargains prepared to slum it out on a paltry £250,000 a year.

S'not my worry though. It's getting a motley crew to play together and get results from the of - it's a bit much to expect. After all, we've just been relegated following this strategy.

As for you Craig, you small town hick, you'll be among the first to cack your pants on this forum if we lose at Plymouth.

Oadby Fox said:
I must say that I have been slightly taken aback by the scale of the exodus. We could lose up to 20 players the way things are looking. In my own naive way I was expecting a rump of a Premiership hardened side with a few useful imports thrown in to gain automatic promotion next season.

But the only significant player released is Izzet who we clearly could not afford. If Dickov, Scimeca etc with get out clauses also choose to leave -they leave. If clubs come in with substantial offers for Walker or Thatcher -we know that they will be sold - clubs in Leicester's position rarely try to keep players who want away these days. Retaining the likes of Hignett, & even Davidson / Sinclair & co is not going to help.

What has happened is the more or less inevitable result of under investment both in terms of type of purchases & short termism in player development. I would like to see a different approach now so that in a year's time we can have a foundation to go forward. Obviously this needs to be achieved without slipping another division - but we do need to recognise that in terms of the composition of the playing staff that things have been a mess in the sense that the squad has been full of players with short shelf lives.

Oadby, fair pint but I think your panicking abit! I would wait until the end of the summer and see who we've got in, with us having a tidy budget to bring in free transfers and maybe a few players for a small fee I think we are more than capable of doing well. We need Dickov, Thatcher, Walker and Scimeca to stay aswell though.

I think Adams will bring several players from the continent in and some younger players with some quality! I have every faith in Adams, we needed to get rid of the dead wood and re-build, it was inevitable that we would let some players we wanted to keep go aswell.

Keep The Faith, it's not over yet.

God, it's three days since the end of the season and we're already writing off next season ????

Flippin' heck, there's optimism for ya !!!

No wonder everyone wants to leave, if that's what they see and hear all day. I don't blame 'em

Come on folks, this could be a new era for LCFC.

Cut the dead wood, and start again
Stop the endless long ball shite that we have witnessed for a long long time
Play real football
Play exciting football
Play exciting youngsters mixed with a a few old heads
The dawn of a new era

Madness ??

It's as realistic a view as believing we are already doomed. I'm optimistic again today. If Dickov and Thatch hang around, we are on to a good thing.
EIEIEIO, and all that stuff

Glass half full or half empty ?
Mine's a jumbo bottle of cider, thank you

homer said:
God, it's three days since the end of the season and we're already writing off next season ????

Flippin' heck, there's optimism for ya !!!

No wonder everyone wants to leave, if that's what they see and hear all day. I don't blame 'em

Come on folks, this could be a new era for LCFC.

Cut the dead wood, and start again
Stop the endless long ball shite that we have witnessed for a long long time
Play real football
Play exciting football
Play exciting youngsters mixed with a a few old heads
The dawn of a new era

Madness ??

It's as realistic a view as believing we are already doomed. I'm optimistic again today. If Dickov and Thatch hang around, we are on to a good thing.
EIEIEIO, and all that stuff

Marvelous, i'm with you all the way in a non gay way of course, that would be sick. BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ARMY

Totally agree Homer, spot on mate!

I'm sure a few more players will leave, but we shouldn't worry about this, if they want to go or Micky doesn't want them, then bye.

We need to get rid of the crap, has-beens, build a fresh new team, new idea's, sort the finances out. We were always going to struggle this season, we were skint, Micky tried bringing a band of old men for peanuts, and it didn't work.

Let's look to the future and let Micky build his blue and white army.

homer said:

:lol:

Thansk for that morale boosting post homer.

beaumontfox said:
but i don't like cider..... :(

can't it be Bailey's instead?? :lol:

Jumbo Bailey's waiting for you on the bar me duck.

beaumontfox said:
Joe_Fox said:
£3.50 8)

let me go and raid me loose change jar......

Aww yes, we need the change, we'll take all the change you have.

In my mind MA has done exactly the right thing - although I may have kept Guppy who I think could do a great job next term, but otherwise spot on; it's time for the re-build and we can only do that by shelving all top earners and starting again. The likes of Brooker haven't done enough; I'm confident Adams knows the players he wants and i'm also confident in his ability to do this...

Indeed, It'll be interesting to see the squad at the start of next season.

Oadby Fox said:
Fair comment Scowcroft. No doubt they will try to get the best of the bargains prepared to slum it out on a paltry £250,000 a year.

S'not my worry though. It's getting a motley crew to play together and get results from the of - it's a bit much to expect. After all, we've just been relegated following this strategy.

As for you Craig, you small town hick, you'll be among the first to cack your pants on this forum if we lose at Plymouth.
Boxers actually :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester3883
2Leeds Utd3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758