Any Chance of Thatcher staying???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bold_fox

Does any one think that there is any chance of Thatcher staying?

I hear he is going to announce his desicion tomorrow!!

Thatcher Staying?

I would be over the moon if he stayed loyal. But the lure of regular first team Prem football at Man City will swing his decision.. wont it??!!!.. of course it will.. there is no loyality, not even Muzzy in the end.

I don't see it as being unloyal, if i was in the same position i would make the same decision...

I think the lure of Prem football would attract any player...

Re: Thatcher Staying?

dpjfox said:
I would be over the moon if he stayed loyal. But the lure of regular first team Prem football at Man City will swing his decision.. wont it??!!!.. of course it will.. there is no loyality, not even Muzzy in the end.

Be fair. Muzzy had eight years at the club and put in for most of that time.

You are forgeting that Muzzy left because we didn't renew his contract.

Thatcher is announcing his decision tommorow, with Man City and Pompey fighting for him. I'd be very very shcked if he came out and said that he wants to stay here. I can see him going Man City as it's more of a lure with that magnificant stadium and being more central. Pompey is a shit hole and is in the middle of nowhere.

Teeno said:

Thatcher is announcing his decision tommorow, with Man City and Pompey fighting for him. I'd be very very shcked if he came out and said that he wants to stay here. I can see him going Man City as it's more of a lure with that magnificant stadium and being more central. Pompey is a shit hole and is in the middle of nowhere.

and they are going down next season.

I have to say that I can't see Thatchert being the answer to Man City's defensive problems. He is very eratic and does not organise anything.

IMO Thatcher is a very good player, but I don't think he is what Man city are looking for. Thier fans expect better than last season, they expect top 1/2 challengeing for europe. Thatcher imo tho would be a great buy for Pompy as thier aim is simply to stay up and Thatcher is capable of playing in a team that can do that.

Teeno said:
IMO Thatcher is a very good player, but I don't think he is what Man city are looking for. Thier fans expect better than last season, they expect top 1/2 challengeing for europe. Thatcher imo tho would be a great buy for Pompy as thier aim is simply to stay up and Thatcher is capable of playing in a team that can do that.

Het let us down a lot last season, aswell as having some real class games. He must be the mosyt inconsistenmt hard men I have ever seen.

Teeno said:

No he didn't, he left because his contract ended. If there was any chance of him staying the club would have offered him what they could afford, but he'd already decided he was going.

If Muzzy was really interested in doing what was in the club's best interests he'd have gone to Middlesbrough two years ago when we were desperate for the money, but he stayed because he didn't want to move to the North East. That wasn't loyalty, it was for his own personal reasons.

webmaster said:
Teeno said:

No he didn't, he left because his contract ended. If there was any chance of him staying the club would have offered him what they could afford, but he'd already decided he was going.

If Muzzy was really interested in doing what was in the club's best interests he'd have gone to Middlesbrough two years ago when we were desperate for the money, but he stayed because he didn't want to move to the North East. That wasn't loyalty, it was for his own personal reasons.
Yeah Muzzy, you unloyal twat for not leaving two years ago :? :roll:

How'd you work that one out then?

Craig said:
webmaster said:
Teeno said:

LOL! IMO Muzzy is about the only loyal pro football player in the world!
If you want to have a go at an unloyal player go for Dickov!

I'd love Thatcher to stay but can't see it! Thing is Thatcher is actually worthy of a premiership club, MOST of the player who have left Leicester this summer are most definetly NOT premiership players, Thatcher is!

webmaster said:
Teeno said:

There is two sides to this argument isn't there. You could argue that any monies got from the sale of Izzet would have been helpful, but on the other hand you could say that by having him in the side and pressing for a spot in the PL would be a gamble but if it paid off then it would be more beneficial than Izzet going. :wink:

Craig said:
webmaster said:
Teeno said:

As usual Craig reads something I wrote and decides I've said something different.

I DIDN'T say it was disloyal of him not to leave.

I did say it was in the club's best interests for him to leave at that time, so if he wanted to do what was best for the club he'd have gone. But he chose to stay for his own reasons, not for the club's reasons.

If he'd left we may have avoided going into administration, and no player is worth risking the club's future for.

In hindsight it may have been a good thing that he stayed, because we may be in a better position now than we would have been if he'd left. But at the time it was in the best interests of the club for him to leave.

webmaster said:
Craig said:
webmaster said:
Teeno said:

As usual Craig reads something I wrote and decides I've said something different.

I did say it was in the club's best interests for him to leave at that time, so if he wanted to do what was best for the club he'd have gone. But he chose to stay for his own reasons, not for the club's reasons.

If he'd left we may have avoided going into administration, and no player is worth risking the club's future for.

In hindsight it may have been a good thing that he stayed, because we may be in a better position now than we would have been if he'd left. But at the time it was in the best interests of the club for him to leave.
You implied it though

Craig said:
webmaster said:
Craig said:
webmaster said:
Teeno said:

You implied it though

No he didn't.

He stated that Muzzy's decision to stay at the club was based on personal reasons, not loyalty.

If you want loyalty, look no further than Matty Piper... he did NOT want to leave City but did so for the benefit of the club (to live in the dump that is Sunderland - ugh!:x) and his transfer cash really got us out of even more serious shite than we were already in. It's not exactly worked out to the benefit of his career, has it?

Any chance of us getting him back? I'm sure he'll be available for a much reduced fee, or are we waiting till he's on a free in another year or two? Injuries would be a bit of a concern, but I feel we owe it to him. Not many players I think that about these days...

webmaster said:
Craig said:
webmaster said:
Teeno said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though and totally useless unless you use it as experience. Muzzy could have got us a lot of money two years ago but he didn't. I wonder though how many extra season tickets were sold due to the fact that Muzzy was playing for LCFC? I'd say quite a few over two seasons. Muzzy cannot be compared to Thatcher just like 8 years cannot be compared to 1 year.

Joe_Fox said:
webmaster said:
Craig said:
webmaster said:
Teeno said:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing though and totally useless unless you use it as experience. Muzzy could have got us a lot of money two years ago but he didn't. I wonder though how many extra season tickets were sold due to the fact that Muzzy was playing for LCFC? I'd say quite a few over two seasons. Muzzy cannot be compared to Thatcher just like 8 years cannot be compared to 1 year.

Without Izzet in the side for the promotion season we would not have even been challenging, so match day ticket sales would have been way down.

Probably would not have made up the ridiculously good offer of 6.5 million and no doubts Muzzy's decision was personal.

I'd rather LCFC had Muzzy for two years than £6.5million. Wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757