Aol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox Fan

For the last couple of weeks my internet has been playing up, dropping in and out. I'm on AOL, but oddly the same thing seems to be happening to my friend who lives a few miles away and uses SKY.

Anyone else having this problem? I phoned AOL, but after speaking to an Indian call centre woman, who I couldn't understand, I gave up.

Anyone else experiencing the same issues?

To be honest I would be quite happy to leave AOL, if I do leave, will they block my e-mail address I have with them so I can't access the e-mails online?

Cheers

FF

I am on BT and, yes, I am having problems but, that is normal as I am miles away from my local exchange, and regularly get problems. I also live on the Norfolk coast so, not very helpful to you.

On your second point, you will not lose your AOL email addresses. I transferred to BT from AOL two years ago and still use my AOL mail regularly.

To be honest I would be quite happy to leave AOL, if I do leave, will they block my e-mail address I have with them so I can't access the e-mails online?

The email address is yours. Your internet service has actually been provided by TalkTalk, not AOL, for the past few years.
So if you cancel your service, or transfer it elsewhere, just be sure to tell them that you want to keep any and all AOL addresses you have. It won't be a problem, it makes no difference to them*. It's a completely separate company that provides those addresses.

* 'them' being TalkTalk, which is who you'll be speaking to if and when you cancel, so be prepared for them to try to sell a new TalkTalk package to you.

The email address is yours. Your internet service has actually been provided by TalkTalk, not AOL, for the past few years.
So if you cancel your service, or transfer it elsewhere, just be sure to tell them that you want to keep any and all AOL addresses you have. It won't be a problem, it makes no difference to them*. It's a completely separate company that provides those addresses.

* 'them' being TalkTalk, which is who you'll be speaking to if and when you cancel, so be prepared for them to try to sell a new TalkTalk package to you.

and if they do, dont even be tempted to accept it - just ask Blue Maniac :icon_lol:

and if they do, dont even be tempted to accept it - just ask Blue Maniac :icon_lol:

In fairness, the phone agent that you speak to will be trying their hardest to 'keep' you with TalkTalk so will offer you the best possible deal that they can.
My advice would be to keep ringing back until you get through to the Waterford call centre, at least that way you'll have a chance of speaking to somebody that you can understand.
Presuming that you prefer Irish accents to a Mumbai accents :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366