Are we bottling it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have bottled the whole season and thrown away what could have been. It started around Christmas when Rodgers shit himself against City and Liverpool. We completely bottled an absolute gimme of a League Cup semi-final against a team we had recently beat 4-1. And since the turn of the year we have bottled an almost iron grip on a top four place.
And this argument that we would have taken this position at the start of the season doesn’t wash with me. Because expectations are fluid, they change as circumstances do. There is no way we should have blown the points gap we had to 5th place. It is unacceptable. And the very fact that we had such a gap in the first place is the reason it is unacceptable.

We need a sports psychologist and bloody good monk.

We're losing the plot. It's an absolute capitulation which will have a huge affect on next season. I see BR going next season unless we win at least 2 of the next 3 matches convincingly. I'm just such a big believer in momentum, and we need to build that again with the last three cup finals.

If we have lady luck, Man Utd will lose one of their remaining games and then we will beat them last day of the season. We need a better mentality and crucially we need more leaders outfield. We also need some spark, creativity - we need a Mahrez type player and crucially imo we need a big strong mother ****er to complement Vardy, bully defences and give us a PLAN B!!!!!

I'm off to have a fish finger sarnie, chips and 3 pints and watch some Only Fools.

Are we bottling it? Erm, are you a ****ing ostrich? We won't take another point this season and finish seventh. Mark my words with shit.

So, 17 points from 45 available so far in 2020. 6 from 18 since restart. The maths suggests we get three more from our last three. Almost inarguably our bottling started after our last away win at St James’. What came next was our first defeat to a team outside the current top five, since which such results no longer look out of place.

Fitting, then, that this game should be against Southampton. 11 weeks earlier we had ripped their pride away. The team that visited us in January only had six of the same starting players, but they came and took it back. Not only that, but they took a big chunk of ours as interest. Now, we have been linked with one of their defenders. Not the heroic 2-1 away win defenders, no. One of the spineless 0-9 shower who only gets his shirt if the manager’s grandad’s hip is acting up. The one that was hauled off at 0-5. This, supposedly, is someone’s idea of Champions League ambition.

We will finish where we deserve, as will everyone else. What is disturbing about yesterday is that we were so easily handled by what is essentially a Championship side in a game we had ample opportunity to end before half time.

Killer instinct gone. We’ve gone from hungry foxes to overfed chihuahuas in the space of a few months.

100% a leadership problem. Not on the sidelines, on the pitch. Time to earn that enormous wage, Brendan.

Man City have won their appeal. As if that was ever in doubt.

Man City win their appeal, so yes it's been well and truly bottled.

CL opportunity has gone, and Man Utd and Chelsea are already looking like they will be much stronger next season.

What a waste

We need real investment this summer for players who can make a genuine difference. No more bloody utility players. I want an out and out striker. I want an out and out creative winger who's only job is to be tricky, fast and be a game changer. I want a big CB who can only play CB.

Quality additions will reduce our chances of bottling it.

I think the final game of the season is likely to end up as one of the biggest embarrassments we have ever had.

We are going to have our little bellies well and try rubbed.

We need real investment this summer for players who can make a genuine difference. No more bloody utility players. I want an out and out striker. I want an out and out creative winger who's only job is to be tricky, fast and be a game changer. I want a big CB who can only play CB.

Yes. Plus some players with experience and leadership.

We need better options to change games, and some players with the mentality and resilience to dig deep when things aren't going right.

Not sure about bottling it, more blowing it.
Before Christmas we were looking brilliant.
Then it seemed we believed our own hype.
Take the Saints return game: -
We went out looking like we just had to turn up to get the points.
Saints thought differently.

Someone said the word 'Arrogant', that's not far off the mark how we have been for a while.

Need to take a leaf out of Man C and Liverpool's book. All their stars work hard for the cause, not sure some of our lot know how to!

Not sure about bottling it, more blowing it.

Yes, a valid distinction. Maybe a mix of both?

Whichever word you want to put on it, we've messed it up and the results speak for themselves. Maybe that winning run that set us up so nicely, and unexpectedly, did leave us a little too full of ourselves. Now it's back to earth with a bump.

A good, experienced manager ought be able to manage the expectations in the squad. False confidence, when found out, can rip the rug out. And I reckon we've been found out, by all and for some time. Sheff U will batter us, we're simply not up to it now. Stick a fork in, we're done.

***WARNING*** The following post contains a comical level of optimism and should not be taken seriously. Please do not attempt to derive any hope from the ramblings below.

There is one thing that could give us an undeserved break, and that’s Chelsea disappearing off the face of the earth. Norwich should be a free 3 points for them, but they finish with Liverpool away and then Wolves. If we can magically fish four points from the last three games we might still do it. Skin of the teeth stuff, admittedly, and if we do we’d need to get our shit together sharpish.

***WARNING*** The following post contains a comical level of optimism and should not be taken seriously. Please do not attempt to derive any hope from the ramblings below.

There is one thing that could give us an undeserved break, and that’s Chelsea disappearing off the face of the earth. Norwich should be a free 3 points for them, but they finish with Liverpool away and then Wolves. If we can magically fish four points from the last three games we might still do it. Skin of the teeth stuff, admittedly, and if we do we’d need to get our shit together sharpish.

that’s the remarkable thing. Chelsea may just bollocks it up.

not sure we have any results in us and it would come down to the last day. I’d bet every penny on a Man Utd win that day.

Bollocks to Chelsea - Wolves and Sheff U will pass our points total anyway

We're now fighting for sixth place

If we had qualified for the CL we might have been able to get some half decent players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263