Are you bothered about how get promoted next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorkwolf

You probably might think this is a silly question but i'm going to ask it anyway. If you didn't go up as champions, would you consider it as a failure?

No offence, but personally I would if it were Wolves. My reckoning is you'll be installed as hot favourites to win the league.

To be honest I dont care if we finish 6th, 80 points behind the leaders and win the playoffs thanks to someone punching it in the net in the 96th minute.

I just dont want to spend any more than a season in this league.

To win it would be nice though.

In reality we'll probably get relegated again.

You probably might think this is a silly question but i'm going to ask it anyway. If you didn't go up as champions, would you consider it as a failure?

No offence, but personally I would if it were Wolves. My reckoning is you'll be installed as hot favourites to win the league.

Dork - I realise that you take a kindly if slightly morbid interest in Leicester City.

However, you need to remember that we have had a losing side now for 5 seasons and I'm not sure that dropping down a division is necessarily going to change things that immediately.

Obviously, we need to get out of the Third Division (I wonder in days of old if we would have been placed in the Third Division North or the Third Division South) - because this is a deeply damaging situation. What little I have seen of teams in that division suggests that the football will be skill free and physical. We are in a good position to cope with the former, but I'm not so sure about the latter.

Dork - I realise that you take a kindly if slightly morbid interest in Leicester City.

However, you need to remember that we have had a losing side now for 5 seasons and I'm not sure that dropping down a division is necessarily going to change things that immediately.

Obviously, we need to get out of the Third Division (I wonder in days of old if we would have been placed in the Third Division North or the Third Division South) - because this is a deeply damaging situation. What little I have seen of teams in that division suggests that the football will be skill free and physical. We are in a good position to cope with the former, but I'm not so sure about the latter.

Sad person that I am I've watched a bit Of Div One on Sky this season and surprisingly the stuff I've seen is mostly by teams wanting to play football.I expected it to be more hoofball and physical but for the most part it wasn't.The standard although obviously lower isn't that far off the Championship unlike the difference between the Championship and the Premier.
As for the question,yes it is silly..I couldn't care less how we are promoted just as long as we are

going up going up going up ... who cares how, who cares how , who cares how

ffs, the only teams which finished below us this year were scunny and colchester. We will lose some of our 'better' players over the summer. Why on earth do you think we'll come straight back up? Next season will be a right battle, and I'll be content with mid table as a consolidation season.

ffs, the only teams which finished below us this year were scunny and colchester. We will lose some of our 'better' players over the summer. Why on earth do you think we'll come straight back up? Next season will be a right battle, and I'll be content with mid table as a consolidation season.

Honestly would you ? I find that a sign of how we now accept mediocrity so easily

And if holloway is in charge we wont achieve mid table. bottom or relegation

I say that if we finish mid table i wouldnt be pleased, but it seems like such a long time ago since we werent worried about relegation.

If you didn't go up as champions, would you consider it as a failure?
Yes, if you set out to achieve something and you don't succeed. That is what I consider a failure.

If this club doesn't set out to be Champions (or at least achieve promotion)next season, I vow to never go to another Leicester City match ever again.

Last edited:
First wake up call, most teams that get relegated to div 1 take approx 3 seasons to get promoted. Don't expect to bounce back.

agreed

I agree HF. Having watched a few games myself and I have mentioned it before the quality of football is better. :icon_eek:

I watched Swansea a few weeks ago, some of the stuff they played was so surprising for me, i doubt they'll come straight back down.

Whilst acknowledging we are by no means certainties for automatic promotion I don't think there is quite the need to be so pessimistic...it isn't that strong a League.I'd hope we will mount a serious promotion charge and I'd be more comfortable with regards to our chances if we had Dowie in charge

If we get off to a flying start we will be up by xmas.. whos going to stop us? (lets hope Leeds are out of our way)
Big teams come back straight away and are better for it ask Man City fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469