Post Match Arsenal 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re-watched match of the day. Analysed the bollocks off of Arsenals dissalowed goal. Not one mention of the foul on Justin that should have been Bellerins second yellow. Referee chickened out there IMO
It really should too. Justin might have got out of the way but Bellerin's not really controlled

Just re-watched match of the day. Analysed the bollocks off of Arsenals dissalowed goal. Not one mention of the foul on Justin that should have been Bellerins second yellow. Referee chickened out there IMO

Yep, definitely deserved a second yellow for that.

Arteta didn't even look Rodgers in the eye at the end of the game. Mardy git.
Easy for him to moan his bag off, but I didn't see him saying they should have been down to ten men - or that Arsenal failed to score in the 85 mins after their goal was called for offside.

On that matter, I don't see how someone can be two yards off the goal line in a crowded penalty area, whilst in an offside position, jump over the ball and not be considered offside. Surely it must be having an impact on the play, even if it's actually the defence (rather than Kasper) who are affected.

Easy for him to moan his bag off, but I didn't see him saying they should have been down to ten men - or that Arsenal failed to score in the 85 mins after their goal was called for offside.

On that matter, I don't see how someone can be two yards off the goal line in a crowded penalty area, whilst in an offside position, jump over the ball and not be considered offside. Surely it must be having an impact on the play, even if it's actually the defence (rather than Kasper) who are affected.
Exactly. It was clearly and obviously offside in spite of the buffunary On MOTD2.

Yeah, that is no goal all day long for me. It's like Umpires Call in cricket. The offside for interfering with play from an offside position was given on the field against Xhaka therefore VAR can't overturn it as it was not an inaccurate call.
If the lino DOESN'T put his flag up, then VAR doesn't intervene either and the goal stands. It's to prevent clear and obvious errors - not apply reinterpretations of the law. Works the same in rugby and cricket and because they have less emotionally charged fanbases people generally undertand the interpretation and move on.

Luckily when you break up field with two greased-lightning players and diving header it into the net, VAR can do nothing about it. Oooooosh.

I know Kasper moved to the right the in case the ball went towards the near post. He could not react if he wanted to as Xhaka was standing there so interference all day long.

Xhaka also shoved him as well.

Bellerin could have scored afterwards as well with that chance he had. Should not have been on the pitch.

That’s the result I’ve been waiting for all my life.

My old man born in the London area was a childhood Arsenal fan. I wonder what he would have made of this? He might have pretended he was impartial but I’ve seen him cheer a Leicester goal against Arsenal before .

Can you have two teams? I could never support another team but I guess his old man never took him to the football like he used to take me.
I think you can support two teams. I live in Granada, Spain and support my local club. If they played City in the Eufa League final, no problem, I'd support City, but have a unique and great day. I'm sure many people are in this position.

I don't think that the offside decision was about Schmeichel. The MOTD pundits seemed to be obsessed with him only.

The obvious interference was with Justin. He was prevented from being able to clear the header by the offside player being in the way of him seeing it properly.

That's why it was the right decision. If not for that, I'd agree that there was insufficient interference on Schmeichel for the goal to be disallowed.

The Daily Express claims "Jamie Vardy scored the winner from the bench" - I didn't think that was allowed.

The fact that Rayne Wooney is now the only player to have scored more Premier League voals against Arsenal than Vardy has been oft stated. What is also true is that Vardy has now scored more goals at the Emirates than any opposing player. In your face, Kane!

The fact that Rayne Wooney is now the only player to have scored more Premier League voals against Arsenal than Vardy has been oft stated. What is also true is that Vardy has now scored more goals at the Emirates than any opposing player. In your face, Kane!

which is an amazing statistic when combined with our record there.

Two average players for average clubs who had average careers.

Retired millionaires.

Now being paid a nice wedge to talk ****ing bollocks on the telly because they happen to belong to the 5% of ex players who can string a sentence together coherently.

I don't care what new interpretations there are. If you can have 2 blokes standing on the ****ing goal line beyond the last defender & it's somehow NOT offside then you may as well do away with offside altogether as it's clearly a ****ing joke.

Brian Clough and Bill Shankley both had interesting views on offside and interfering with play.

Edit: basically, you're on the pitch to interfere with play so if you're not interfering then you're not playing ( nor getting paid!)

For me, this particularly applies to any player in the goal area. If you're there then you're intendimg to 'interfer' with, or influence, play. Indeed, it's WHY you're there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758