Post Match Arsenal 4 Leicester 2

If you said we'd still be in the game going into injury time - nobody would have believed it - if you then said we'd concede two goals in added time- well C'est la LCFC vie.

**** it.

****ing hate Arsenal
Every time we never get the rub of the green. Felt sorry for Wilf and JJ with their interaction resulting in 2 lucky goals for Arsenal
Nice 2nd goal for JJ though Goal of the Season potentially
they are a bit of a bogey team for us.

They even did the double over us in THAT season.

We were so, so much better in the second half but the defensive frailties were evident and they cost us again.

No complaints from me about our approach in the second 45 but we were ****ing awful in the first. Arsenal don't like it up 'em; we should have been at it from the off. We weren't and we found ourselves two down far too easily.

The only thing I'll say about the second half is that, once again, we seemed to get worse after the substitutions. I guess he brought Ayew on to try and hold on to a draw but he offers us nothing. I think Fatawu running at them would've scared the life out a defence that had just been rattled. That would've been the better change. We then make two more changes in a bid to run down the clock but it just upset the balance and they were unnecessary.

I thought we were terrible in the first half. Abject lack of any sort of tactical approach to the opponent except to hope they don't score too many.

Second half we started with a bit of positivity. Obviously, getting two goals back was superb but we scored them from a total of 3 shots on target so we were hardly threatening. Arsenal had 17 shots on target.

The main thing to take from the game is that we showed some spirit. We didn't chuck it.

Hermansen made 13 saves and still conceded 4. Against the best side from corners in the PL by a mile, we gave them 17 of them.

It would have been robbery had we held on for a draw. But there is the beginning of a trend in away games. Three played now and we've been in them all but letting in late goals is a killer to confidence.

We were also far too soft. We should have fouled and fecked the game about far more than we did when it was 2-2. Arsenal showed us how to do it last week. But we let them dictate the pace of the game which was really dumb.

A big positive I will take from the game is our defending at corners .
Yes I know they scored in Arteta time from a corner, but that was their 17th attempt to do so.
Then it was bloody flukey.

Once again we’ve been in a match, but excuses are over now, he’s had time with the squad and new signings, he knows what we’re doing well and badly. we need to win 2 out of the next 3. No win in those three then it’s game over for SC you’d think.

Yet another vast improvement after halftime, a classic example of a manager showing his worth. It would be nice if we could look that bold for 90 minutes though

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57