Post Match Arsenal 4 Leicester 2

So are you saying Fatawu was your preferred choice ahead of Ayew? When we needed to hold up the ball, and break up their momentum.
Or McAteer, who struggled to get starts in the Championship because he was bang average.

It’s completely ****ing laughable.

How was that not a second yellow for the Arsenal left back? And how did we not cotton onto the fact they had a spare man at the back post every corner? MOTD literally showed multiple corners where it happened…

So are you saying Fatawu was your preferred choice ahead of Ayew? When we needed to hold up the ball, and break up their momentum.
We needed an outlet. They didn't have the momentum when we brought on Ayew. In fact, they looked still looked shell-shocked.

Ayew did absolutely nothing except give away the ball. He was never, ever going to give us an outlet, he was always going to slot in and sit much deeper than Buonanotte. That's exactly what happened. We were back to defending in our six yard box for the last 10 minutes.

Neither is Ayew if we are being honest.
I don’t agree. IF he is played in the correct position he is good at holding up the ball and linking midfield and attack and he draws fouls.

What actually happened yesterday is that we were defending so deep that there was no outlet for him or Vardy (there was t all game for Vardy).

The ball just kept coming back and we sat on the edge of our box for 15 odd minutes at the end inviting Arsenal to score.

I knew we would lose in the way we did, it was catastrophic to take that stance for 15 minutes as we weren’t defending well, we were kept in the game by Mada.

****ing infuriating to watch, we do it all the time, same tactics:

1) Start slowly and give the ball away, invite pressure and go deeper and deeper.

2) Concede 1 or 2 goals, limp to half time, clinging on to what we have.

3) Cone out second half (sometimes) better but with no substitutions.

4) Score and level.

5) Sit back deeper and deeper until the opposition score.

6) Maje substitutions that are sometimes baffling.

Whatever Cooper said after 45 minutes he should have said at 0 minutes, and avoided a shocking first half.
Some good points though.
We did fight back.
Justin has a Tieleman's shot in him.
We have a another terrific Danish goalkeeper.
We defended 16 corners successfully. In previous seasons we probably conceded from half of them.

Agreed. I don’t think most fans are asking for something too radical, just attack from the start rather than leaving it until we are behind.

Agreed. I don’t think most fans are asking for something too radical, just attack from the start rather than leaving it until we are behind.
We’d have more likely been on the end of a 9-0 thumping yesterday, than getting a win.

I don’t have a problem setting up defensively against the likes of Arsenal away and against many teams in the division, especially away from home.

There is a difference though in sitting deep with, packing the box, waiting for attack after attack and defending on the front foot, aggressively pressuring the opposition and giving them something to worry about.

This is where I think we have going wrong in games this season, especially when bringing on the likes of Ayew, De Cordova-Reid, Choudhry and Coady. I would prefer to see substitutes who can scare the shit of teams coming on.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69
10Tottenham 57
11Manchester U57