Match Thread Arsenal v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ****ING HATE ARSENAL.

more (by a mile) than any other club.

We now have one centre forward we can rely on in the whole ****ing squad FFS

Absolute wank

Not the best message to Nacho man, after a decent midweek showing, though.

Horses for course He plans on sitting deep and playing on the counter and direct with pace.

I’m sure Nacho will be back in on Thursday.

Can’t say it’s a side I would have picked, but it’s not as bad as a few of his other efforts in the last 6 months.

No centre forward though :017:

Like against Man City for the first hour, you don't need a centre forward. Vardy spent that time marking Rodri. It's a clear tactical approach designed to counter a side that loves passing / possession.

We will sit deep and break. As long as we have pace going forward, having Vardy as a change rather than a starter is sensible. Especially if he isn't 100%.

Big game to get at least a point in this one. If we can set a good footing up until December/Jan we will have the equivalent of 3 new signings when Ndidi, Soyuncu and Pereira are available again.If we are anywhere in and about the top six it will be the opposite of last season where we make a late run for the top 4.

BNs goal scorer bets to try to make this game remotely interesting.

Anytime scorers - Castagne (12/1), Praet (9/1) and Fofana (19/1).

Ffs

Zero striker instead of Iheanacho is an absolute joke

In Brenda we trust. He has obviously looked back at all the DVDs and VHS cassettes going back to 1973 and decided that every time we played one or more strikers, we did not win.

Therefore, change the system, simples!

BNs goal scorer bets to try to make this game remotely interesting.

Anytime scorers - Castagne (12/1), Praet (9/1) and Fofana (19/1).

Wonder if there’s a bet for how many times we actually get into their penalty box

I’m going for less than 10

Barne
I’ll await the abuse later, but I actually really like that starting 11 today.... all things considered.

I'm with you.

No striker is always going to look bizarre in the lineup but I get the system today.

This gets all of our fit and most talented attacking players in.

Brendan seemed to try Barnes in this role in the EL game later on and he did well. He can stretch their defence, which Nacho wouldn't do.

My only worry is we're lacking much pace in the side.

Barnes is going to need be composed though if he gets a chance.

I fancy Maddison to score today though, he's 'chomping at the bit' to get going

Like against Man City for the first hour, you don't need a centre forward. Vardy spent that time marking Rodri. It's a clear tactical approach designed to counter a side that loves passing / possession.

We will sit deep and break. As long as we have pace going forward, having Vardy as a change rather than a starter is sensible. Especially if he isn't 100%.
When we played at Man City we had the pace of Vardy and Barnes, for when we broke on them. Outside of Barnes, there’s not a lot of pace to hit them with in that lineup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757