Post Match Aston Villa 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
someone commented in the last game, can't remember where about Kasper saying head away all the time, kind of jokingly mocking it, I actually like it as it tells the defenders for sure he's not coming off his line

Thomas played really well, would have him keep his place, Ricardo played well on the wing without excelling. We'll have to see what's up with Maddison

Good win after a tricky European game. Strong defensive performance.

Surprised to see us try to shut up shop so early in the game, but guess that was a way of conserving energy.

Horrible to watch that last 20 but we defended very well and they didn't really threaten

Great weekend for us with us winning and the Chelsea and Liverpool results

The cliche game of two halves.

First half was one of the best halves we’ve played this season.

Second half was horrible to watch and we could very easily have ended with a draw. I’m not quite sure why we thought we needed to keep changing the system to close out a game that we were very comfortable in. Felt like we were overthinking it.

But a win is a win.

Thomas played really well, would have him keep his place, Ricardo played well on the wing without excelling. We'll have to see what's up with Maddison

Yep, that should be out first XI now with the players we have available I think.

Barnes, Thomas and Maddison were all fantastic today.

3 negative subs from Rogers which gave the ascendancy to a team that is direct and plays the long ball, although we appeared comfortable we should have buried them by 4 goals! good three points bring on the next game.

We need to stay in Europe as we always win afterwards.

Who says Europe isn't important

As others have said we're really missing Praet. I can't wait until we have him and Fofana back as options.

I hope Vardy can get back into form, but I think he's on his way out now and we need to sort out our attacking options in the summer.

As others have said we're really missing Praet. I can't wait until we have him and Fofana back as options.

I hope Vardy can get back into form, but I think he's on his way out now and we need to sort out our attacking options in the summer.
He is almost completely isolated.

We never really got out of 2nd gear but, tbh, I think we neither needed to nor were able to! We tired 2nd half, which was to be expected, and had to defend our way to the win.

A great result not just because it's a win but it was also for the timing. We've let ourselves down in the past on such occasions, We may or may not stay 2nd but, after yesterday's results, it was important to the take opportunity to widen that gap a little. A job well done, I suspect they're feeling whacked but pretty pleased.

I think Vardy is doing a great job. Barnes is like a rolls Royce. If he has Foden, Maddison, Harry Kane, Sancho etc knocking him in for England then he will be a scary prospect at the Euros

He ran his bollocks off today and pulled their back four all over the place

Some people think that if he doesn’t score he’s not playing well. Those people are idiots
He's clearly missing chances that you would never expect him to miss in the past. It is necessary for strikers to score once in a while even if their overall game is important to the team. He'll probably get back into top form this season but if he simply stops scoring then he's not going to be a "nightmare to play against" for defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757