Post Match Aston Villa 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's clearly missing chances that you would never expect him to miss in the past. It is necessary for strikers to score once in a while even if their overall game is important to the team. He'll probably get back into top form this season but if he simply stops scoring then he's not going to be a "nightmare to play against" for defenders.

He scored last week, you know.

He's clearly missing chances that you would never expect him to miss in the past. It is necessary for strikers to score once in a while even if their overall game is important to the team. He'll probably get back into top form this season but if he simply stops scoring then he's not going to be a "nightmare to play against" for defenders.

Yes, all those many chances he missed today, what a duffer

Have a look at the room he creates for Barnes and Maddison - he’s a nightmare to play against, whether he scores or not

Vardy does score once in a while. Almost more than any other striker to be fair.
Fofana back in 2 games time apparently. We will need Albrighton, Under, Perez, Iheanacho to contribute again before the season is out.

I particularly liked the fact that we played Thomas at LB today. It gives us another option and lets us use Ricardo in different ways, or rest him when needed, as he is still on his way back from a long term injury.

I don’t think anybody is calling Vardy a duffer. A player doesn’t have to be ‘brilliant’ or ‘shit’.

He has missed chances lately that you would back him to score. The header against Wolves, he should have had a hat-trick against Liverpool. Perhaps it’s the injury, perhaps it’s just temporary, perhaps it’s inevitable as no player maintains a brilliant standard forever.

Of course he is a vital part of the team/squad. And he will remain so next season and possibly beyond. But the club have to be making plans to sign a Vardy replacement now. No I’m not saying he’s finished, or he should be booted out of the team or the club. But I think not looking to sign a Vardy replacement would be poor management. The club needs to be looking at a player who can replace Vardy as the starting centre-forward. Not a player who can fill in when he’s unavailable.

I don’t think anybody is calling Vardy a duffer. A player doesn’t have to be ‘brilliant’ or ‘shit’.

He has missed chances lately that you would back him to score. The header against Wolves, he should have had a hat-trick against Liverpool. Perhaps it’s the injury, perhaps it’s just temporary, perhaps it’s inevitable as no player maintains a brilliant standard forever.

Of course he is a vital part of the team/squad. And he will remain so next season and possibly beyond. But the club have to be making plans to sign a Vardy replacement now. No I’m not saying he’s finished, or he should be booted out of the team or the club. But I think not looking to sign a Vardy replacement would be poor management. The club needs to be looking at a player who can replace Vardy as the starting centre-forward. Not a player who can fill in when he’s unavailable.
That header against Wolves was far from easy.

I particularly liked the fact that we played Thomas at LB today. It gives us another option and lets us use Ricardo in different ways, or rest him when needed, as he is still on his way back from a long term injury.

I really like how BR has managed Thomas. Today was his fifth PL appearance of the season. In appearance two and three, he was hooked at half time and BR did comment a bit negatively about him - that he needed to be better physically.

He keeps bringing him back in though and each time he seems to have learnt a bit more and is a bit stronger.

When people said last year that the coaching staff thought that Thomas was a better left back than Chilwell, I really didn't see it. I do now and he has the coaching staff to thank for that.

I really like how BR has managed Thomas. Today was his fifth PL appearance of the season. In appearance two and three, he was hooked at half time and BR did comment a bit negatively about him - that he needed to be better physically.

He keeps bringing him back in though and each time he seems to have learnt a bit more and is a bit stronger.

When people said last year that the coaching staff thought that Thomas was a better left back than Chilwell, I really didn't see it. I do now and he has the coaching staff to thank for that.
Yep and, given that we’ve lost Justin for a while, it’s important to have him, especially given the constant niggles Castagne seems to be suffering from, along with Ricardo’s managed return to the team.

Rodgers said after the game that he was taken off as a precaution, so hopefully it’s not too bad.

I did think 'oh shit' as soon as he indicated it was his hip. Hopefully it's nothing serious but I'm sure everyone's got a worry at the back of their minds.

I was never really too worried in the second half. Thought we looked tired but quite comfortable.

Rodgers said after the game that he was taken off as a precaution, so hopefully it’s not too bad.

He said Justin seemed okay as well, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Hopefully Maddison will be alright as we'd be really lacking without him - and especially with Praet being out too.

He said Justin seemed okay as well, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Hopefully Maddison will be alright as we'd be really lacking without him - and especially with Praet being out too.
Fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758