Post Match Aston Villa 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harvey Barnes. What a player. MotM for me, closely followed by Thomas. Praet wouldn't have been any better than Mendy when Maddison went off. We need a creative player to be able to bring on. It's tough, I get it, to find that sort of player willing to take a back seat role but without Maddison, we have very little flair in the middle.

Let's hope it's not serious.

If Maddison is out, instead of pushing Tielemans out of his natural position I'd like to see Choudhury given a chance a bit further up the field. He's more creative than Mendy, and his mobility and aggression could really help press and win the ball further upfield while still contributing - a bit like Fellani used to do for Everton

The rumours are all based upon the fact that Grealish want photographed training this week. They're could be a number of reasons for this. I'm guessing one of the players his his tiny shin pads and it took him a week to find them!

Not true. Slightly tenuous, but there are twitter accounts and similar that follow all of the Premier League players' fantasy football teams. There have been numerous occasions whereby players have transferred out players that they know to be injured or rested (for example at Liverpool, Robertson transferred out Mane on two separate occasions before PL matches where he has been rested).

In this example, a large number of Villa players all transferred out Grealish, which wouldn't have happened without knowing that he was injured.

Not true. Slightly tenuous, but there are twitter accounts and similar that follow all of the Premier League players' fantasy football teams. There have been numerous occasions whereby players have transferred out players that they know to be injured or rested (for example at Liverpool, Robertson transferred out Mane on two separate occasions before PL matches where he has been rested).

In this example, a large number of Villa players all transferred out Grealish, which wouldn't have happened without knowing that he was injured.
Now that's an interesting concept. Good journalism. Better than anything the idiots at the Mercury might have come up with

Genuinely a bit stunned players and staff can participate in fantasy leagues.

Surely a rich vein for betting corruption long term.

I think the governing bodies will ban staff and players from participating in the end. And that’s probably the right move.

It does feel strange, but Fantasy Football isn't betting - although I think there is a cash prize for the overall winner, so I'm kind of surprised the FPL rules don't exclude players since they have 'insider' knowledge.

Of course I'm sure there is plenty of money being placed on private leagues between players too - my work mini-league has us all put a tenner in at the start of the season so I'd be amazed if there isn't money going between players too.

Like you say, I suspect they'll put a stop to it soon now.

Also if people are looking at fantasy football to gain some insider info... James Justin, who must be pretty good at the game since he's currently in the top 20k out of 8m global players, has had himself in his team pretty much all season.

And he has kept himself in despite his injury, just moved himself to the bench. Maybe a sign that he's still hoping to get back on the pitch this season? ;)

I thought that I had read he was out until November

I think November has been mentioned, but I've not seen the club put any timescale on it or really comment much on the extent of the injury other than he needs an operation on it - which according to the Mercury he's now had.

I doubt we will see him back this season and doubt you can read too much into his FPL team, but it's interesting since he's clearly good at it that he would leave himself in and essentially waste a place and some of his transfer budget.

I think November has been mentioned, but I've not seen the club put any timescale on it or really comment much on the extent of the injury other than he needs an operation on it - which according to the Mercury he's now had.
they said similar to Ricardo which was 9 months so that's why people say November

I doubt we will see him back this season and doubt you can read too much into his FPL team, but it's interesting since he's clearly good at it that he would leave himself in and essentially waste a place and some of his transfer budget.

You can only make one free transfer a week, maybe he thought changing strikers or midfielders was more important in the last few weeks. He's not losing any points if he's put himself on the bench.

Any Maddison update. There was a two day silence on Justin then he was out for the season....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757