Post Match Aston Villa 2:1 Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be able to use your brain and decide upon the biggest threat. Anyone with half an ounce of intelligence could see that the cross needed to be stopped.

If he had committed then Grealish was free and could have pinged one in. It was an inch perfect cross and Ricardo was caught napping. We had such bad luck last night we probably would have ****ed up the pens anyway.

What bad luck? The penalty decision I’ll accept. The missed chances are nothing to do with luck; if the finishing is good enough they go in. Although we didn’t create many really clear chances anyway. Which also isn’t bad luck.

What bad luck? The penalty decision I’ll accept. The missed chances are nothing to do with luck; if the finishing is good enough they go in. Although we didn’t create many really clear chances anyway. Which also isn’t bad luck.

Neither did they create much over the two legs but still managed to take the lead twice. 4 shots on goal in 180 mins and they score 3.

Yes you make your own luck their keeper did amazingly well.

Don’t get me started about the penalty farce.

Best chance we will get at making a final and we blew it. Fair play to Villa but surely they’d admit they got lucky.

If he had committed then Grealish was free and could have pinged one in. It was an inch perfect cross and Ricardo was caught napping. We had such bad luck last night we probably would have ****ed up the pens anyway.
He wasn't in a position to stop Grealish had he got the ball either. That's my point. He was in a terrible position doing absolutely nothing but staring at the ball. The best thing he could have done was press the immediate danger and cut that avenue out. As Homer says, it's exactly what Albrighton would have done. I agree Ricardo needs to do better but that was his worse performance of the season for me both defensively and going forward so it wasn't a surprise. Can't really be too mad with him though, he's been exceptional and at least he was trying hard last night as, to be fair, most of them were.

It's not like we didn't get a massive ****ing warning.

They had already put a perfect ball in from there that evaded their striker by a millimetre.

We don't seem to learn very quickly

Problem is he just stood there doing nothing - if he had opted to push it out wide he wouldn’t have got close enough to deal with Grealish either

Cut out the immediate danger, then worry about the next one if it happens

Although he was indeed left on his own - our whole approach to defending in that last minute disappeared down the shitter
Homer is that not a coaching issue or the player not being arsed?

Their keeper made 4 brilliant saves in the first half of which one of them hit the cross bar I agree it was not bad luck, it was more that their keeper had a stunner, second half was poor in creating chances imo.

Really depressed. Some thoughts from last night:
  • The talk that this team is better than the title winning side can be closed right now. That team had absolute balls of steel when it came to high pressure, must win matches. This team wilts in those situations. The title winning team were also able to play a style of football which other teams couldn't defend against. Since the Man City and Liverpool games, this team have been worked out.

I thought about this last night.

I think, generally, we have a better team technically than we did in our title winning season, just about. But what made the difference in that title winning side compared to now was the champions were utterly fearless, had balls of steel and put their hearts and guts into those performances.

That is what I think is missing from our current side and is what makes the difference right now. We're not as good at grinding a win as were in that title winning season.

I don't think that's down to a lack of effort from the players now, I think it's just a different mentality. What I really think we lack at the minute are leaders on the pitch.

In that season, we had Morgan, Huth, Fuchs, Vardy and Schmeichel who would all shout and lead, and rally their teammates. I'm not seeing that at the minute. Vardy and Kasper are the only ones still in the team but I'm not seeing it massively from them either. Jonny Evans is great to have in the side for his experience, but I don't think he leads in the same way as Morgan or Huth did.

We have a great, youthful side who have great futures ahead of them and I'm excited by that - but to make us real winners, to win games like this, to battle in the big games, then I really think we need some more experience and leadership in the side.

There was a security guard next to it.

I declined the offer to have my photo taken lifting it.

Two Manchester clubs playing each other, but they put it at the train station for all those incoming fans...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757