Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 4

Lovely stuff - I can finally watch MOTD this year.

New signings all looked very impressive.

So good to have solid options on both sides of the pitch now and being able to play Maddison and Tielemans in the middle.

Massive, massive result.

We’ve signed two replacements. One for Mahrez and one for Maguire. Tete was a breath of fresh air. Souttar looks to me like it might take some time to get him up to speed.

But the new left back looks absolutely class. What a find he will turn out to be.

So pleased for Nacho and Praet who have been on the receiving end from Rodgers far too much over the years. Having Nacho on form and starting is like signing a new player.

We still sat far too deep at 3-2 and it nearly caught us, but hopefully this win will grow our confidence moving forward.

5 more wins please.

Rode our luck bit that said a win is win, we look to have balance on the pitch now with the new signings, next game spuds

A large win.

**** the game, those three points are ****ing massive

5 more wins please.

Exactly. We look to me like we've got enough now. There are too many good players to not be able to win another five.

A win makes everything look better but we're still a mess a lot of the time. Every win must be celebrated.

The best thing I can say about Souttar is that he made Faes look better. Kristiansen did really well for the most part. I love his attitude to the game. Tete was excellent at times and wasteful and missing at others. A typical Brazilian winger.

Dewsbury-Hall did some good running but wow his passing was poor at times and he kept putting his team into trouble. We cannot play this formation with him in there. Barnes was shit again.

Iheanacho man of the match.

Brave selection from Rodgers which paid off. Good changes too.

Excellent stuff. A game of two Nachos. The first half one, pretty darn good. The second half one... well... he went all Nacho.

Souttar, Tete and Kritiansen were all good. Kristiansen the pick of them. I am worried about Tete being excellent only for some ****s like Chelsea to buy him in the summer but there is nothing we can do about that I suppose.

The best thing about that game was that Villa weren't appalling. We did very well to keep them out for the most part.

For those who didn't think Souttar was a massive upgrade, watch it again on MotD tonight. He made some exceptional clearances. He was really vocal, he was organised and he was very physical. Okay, he was a bit rough around the edges which is to he expected but as a unit, we were far, far better with him in there.

Is that the same Barnes with 2 assists?
Yeah. You have to remember he's the pantomime villain at the moment. He was perfectly decent last time out as well but now Ward is doing okay the same old people need another player to piss and moan about.

Phew! At last - We looked a decent side again today. Especially pleased we showed some balls and got back iinto the game (twice) when we went behind - then took our opportunity to go on and win.
Well done lads
Our 'away' support also sounded good (Your city is blue?)!

Huge win, really really could have saved our bacon that one.

For all Villas huffing and puffing we did well and created better chances. We looked like scoring goals for the first time in ages.

Well done Brendan, rolled the dice today and it paid off handsomely.

Can only comment on the result, cracking stuff. A massive plus that the new signings don't sound like they're shit...obviously that can be coached but looks more promising

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463