Pre Match Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan talking about players looking leggy after the Watford match so I'm expecting a few changes not counting Chilwell, assuming he's fit.

Hopefully Gray has gotten over what sounded like a very unpleasant episode last week, I'd like to see him start on the right ahead of Perez. Assuming Chilwell is fit too, they're the only changes I'd make to the starting eleven but the subs bench will have to be used wisely to give some of the players a breather. Praet, Iheanacho, Choudhury have shown they deserve some game time, and after his cameo yesterday I'd add Justin to that list too

Schmeichel
Pereira Evans Soyuncu Fuchs
Choudhury
Gray Praet Tielemans Maddison
Vardy

Subs iheanacho Ndidi morgan albrighton justin ward perez

I think it's time to freshen up slightly with a game every 4 days till new year.

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants:
Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Paul Tierney.
VAR: Chris Kavanagh.
Assistant VAR: Daniel Cook.

Schmeichel
Choudhury
Gray Praet Tielemans Maddison
Vardy

Subs iheanacho Ndidi morgan albrighton justin ward perez

I think it's time to freshen up slightly with a game every 4 days till new year.

IMO Ndidi is the last player who looked leggy.

Tielemans looked shattered after the first ten minutes.

Schmeichel
Ndidi
Gray Praet Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Is what i'd play.

IMO Ndidi is the last player who looked leggy.

Tielemans looked shattered after the first ten minutes.

Schmeichel
Ndidi
Gray Praet Maddison Barnes
Vardy

Is what i'd play.

Fair play. Tielemans seems to get leggy earlier than most from what I've seen and then seems to come through it. Less about reacting to, more about preventing issues for me. Would hate Ndidi or Tielemans to get injured (lots of international football for both with deep run in the AFCON for Ndidi and constant Belgium involvement for Tielemans).

Villa are better than their league position suggests. In Grealish and McGinn they have two excellent midfielders. All the pressure is on us. We have also started to look tired recently. 2-0 to the Villains.

This game was such a critical part of our title winning season. From 2-0 down (and if I recall Villa would have gone above is if they beat us), to a barnstorming 3-2 win that kept our momentum into the first international break (IIRC)

I really want us to dick these dullards.

If footballing history had been different we may have had a decent rivalry with them.

It's East vs West, and possibly the only team within 60 miles that can threaten our football territory at this time.

It will however be a very hard game. They will be massively up for it at home against the biggest club in the Midlands and they aren't the same limp wristed shit houses of seasons past.

Get right into the bastards

This game was such a critical part of our title winning season. From 2-0 down (and if I recall Villa would have gone above is if they beat us), to a barnstorming 3-2 win that kept our momentum into the first international break (IIRC)

It also gave us this gem.

A pedant might point out that that was the reverse fixture that season. Not me though.

Villa are better than their league position suggests. In Grealish and McGinn they have two excellent midfielders. All the pressure is on us. We have also started to look tired recently. 2-0 to the Villains.
Hmm, “to good to go down?”
They are in a perilous league position, so have to make the most of their home games.
This could open up the game quite nicely for us.
Yes, they have some good players, but we have better.

Hmm, “to good to go down?”
They are in a perilous league position, so have to make the most of their home games.
This could open up the game quite nicely for us.
Yes, they have some good players, but we have better.
Oh come on…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3882
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3776
5West Brom3967
6Norwich City3961
7Coventry City3860