Pre Match Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Head-to-head

• Aston Villa won the reverse fixture 1-0 and are looking to complete their first league double over Leicester since the 2003-04 season.
  • Leicester triumphed 4-1 at Villa Park last season. They have never won successive away league games against Villa.
Aston Villa

• Dean Smith's side have won three of their past four home league matches.
  • All but one of their 11 league victories this season has been earned with a clean sheet, but Villa have lost eight of the 10 games in which they've conceded.
  • Aston Villa have registered 12 clean sheets in their first 22 league fixtures of a season for the first time.
  • The three goals they have conceded in the opening 30 minutes of their league games is the joint-best record in the division this season, along with Manchester City.
  • Villa's solitary victory in their past 20 Premier League matches against a side in the top three came against Liverpool in October (D4, L15).
  • Ollie Watkins can become the first Villa player to score in four consecutive Premier League home matches since Gareth Barry from October to November 2006.
Leicester City

• The Foxes are unbeaten in their past seven top-flight away matches (W4, D3).
  • Leicester have registered eight away wins this season, a tally they have only twice bettered in the top division. They won 11 times in 2015-16 and nine in 1965-66.
  • They have been awarded a league-high 10 penalties, scoring eight of them.
  • Brendan Rodgers has won all five of his Premier League away games against Aston Villa as a manager, his best record versus another team.
  • Another goal or assist would ensure Jamie Vardy became only the sixth player to be directly involved in 100 Premier League goals since turning 30 years old. He has 81 goals and 18 assists.
  • James Maddison has been involved in eight goals in his past nine league appearances, scoring four and setting up four.

Latest rumour.... Jack Grealish out injured.

I don't want to jeopardise my reputation but there is a good chance that my rumours are a load of shit.
That’s kind of the point of rumours like that though. If they were all accurate, it would be news.

The more obscure the better, in my eyes.

Grealish and Cash out injured. They were woeful against Brighton and lucky to get a point. We should comfortably beat these. 3-0 to us if we even play half well.

Walker

Davidson
Sinclair
Rogers
Elliott

Wise
Savage
Marshall
Impey

Akinbiyi
Scowcroft

Poole
Whitlow
Willis
Hill
Grayson
Galloway
Thompson
Draper
Parker
Roberts
Robins

Octopussy

Referee: Michael Oliver.
Assistants: Stuart Burt, Simon Bennett.
Fourth official: Robert Jones.
VAR: David Coote.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Yes, yet to be confirmed, but I've seen it from enough places that it seems to be highly likely.
The rumours are all based upon the fact that Grealish want photographed training this week. They're could be a number of reasons for this. I'm guessing one of the players his his tiny shin pads and it took him a week to find them!

Let's hope Choudry does not forget his marking duties in this one I am sure he will feature at some point.
Are villavat strength for this one? I fancy us to spank this lot and Arsenal.

Almost a year since we played Villa in the Prem's last game before the COVID pause.

We put in a brilliant performance in that game and looked liked we'd found our groove after starting to slip - only for the pause to kill that momentum.

Almost a year since we played Villa in the Prem's last game before the COVID pause.

We put in a brilliant performance in that game and looked liked we'd found our groove after starting to slip - only for the pause to kill that momentum.
Yep I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758