Pre Match Aston Villa v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kristiansen bosses the left flank with Dewsbury-Hall. Maddison drifts in off the left wing. Drop Barnes for a game or two.

Ward

Castagne
Souttar
Faes
Kristiansen

Mendy
Tielemans
KDH

Tete
Nacho
Maddison

Party time. By which I mean maybe having a fighting chance of getting a point against Villa before getting battered every week until April.

Nice of Chris Sutton to be on the ball...

1675423117188.png

We have no strikers

We will still have the same defence

Head-to-head

• Both teams have scored in 12 of the 13 Premier League meetings at Villa Park. The exception was Leicester's 2-0 win in December 2001.

Aston Villa

• Villa have earned 16 points from seven league matches under Unai Emery, a tally only bettered by Arsenal's 19 since the Spaniard's first match in charge.
  • They have won five of those seven games, as many victories as in their previous 24 attempts.
  • Aston Villa could register three consecutive Premier League victories for the first time since February to March last year.
  • All five of Leon Bailey's Premier League goals have been scored at Villa Park, with the last three coming in the opening seven minutes.
  • Emery's Paris Saint-Germain defeated Brendan Rodgers' Celtic 5-0 and 7-1 in the 2017-18 Champions League group stage but Rodgers won both Premier League games with Leicester against the Spaniard's Arsenal side.

Leicester City

• Leicester have only taken one point from their five league games since the World Cup, conceding 10 goals.
  • Their only competitive wins during this period were in cup ties against lower league sides Milton Keynes Dons, Gillingham and Walsall.
  • Each of their last three league victories were in away fixtures.
  • The Foxes have dropped 19 points from winning positions this season, six more than any other team.
  • James Maddison has been directly involved in 18 goals in his last 17 Premier League starts, with 11 goals and seven assists.
  • Harvey Barnes is one short of 50 career league goals. He has scored in all five of Leicester's Premier League wins this season and has four goals in four top-flight starts against Villa.
  • Brendan Rodgers has won six of his seven Premier League matches at Villa Park.

Instead of...? Youri is the only option.

KDH brings a lot of energy, but Tielemans is a far better footballer.
I wonder if he could play left wing instead of Barnes? Barnes is so far off form it may actually be an improvement if KDH is able to do it.

Just play players in their best positions.

Most of our problems this year have been down to a lack of balance in the team, which is due to playing players out of their natural positions.

One of KDHs biggest assets is his engine and the pressing he offers which would be wasted out wide.

Barnes really needs to add more than 1 trick to his game - being a right footer he really should be able to play on the right using his pace to beat a full back and whip a cross in.

The system BR wants to play really needs full backs who are natural on their respective sides and wingers that are interchangeable.

The rest of the team is pretty strong enough centrally, its just we pull 2 of our best players out wide getting Maddison to play on the right and having Tielemans covering RB as we have no real winger.

Kristiansen bosses the left flank with Dewsbury-Hall. Maddison drifts in off the left wing. Drop Barnes for a game or two.

Ward

Castagne
Souttar
Faes
Kristiansen

Mendy
Tielemans
KDH

Tete
Nacho
Maddison

Party time. By which I mean maybe having a fighting chance of getting a point against Villa before getting battered every week until April.
That’s exactly the team I would pick. We are a better team at the moment without Barnes in it.

Tete, Harry and Victor to the rescue?

Word on the street is all 3 new boys in the starting lineup

Excited to see how they get on, and hopefully some new faces gives the whole squad a lift!

Word on the street is all 3 new boys in the starting lineup

Excited to see how they get on, and hopefully some new faces gives the whole squad a lift!
I’m going to have to see some credentials, you can’t just come in here taking about the street!

Although if you’re street is correct it’ll be 100% better than BN’s street.

Today might be a day where our collective rage at Rodgers reaches a fever pitch. Hope I’m wrong and the new boys rejuvenate us.

Come on you city slickaaaaaahs.

Today might be a day where our collective rage at Rodgers reaches a fever pitch. Hope I’m wrong and the new boys rejuvenate us.

Come on you city slickaaaaaahs.

Don’t worry - If the three new lads are complete shite, there will be other people to rage at instead

I love the first team-sheet after the Transfer Window.
Its so exciting, like the first day back at school.

I can't wait.

Sean Dyche has Everton working hard
Midfielders helping their fullbacks

Imagine if he’d come here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673