Attendances Next Season

What will our average attendance be next season?

• 25-30k

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-25k

• 15-20k

• Less than 15k

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leigh

Ok, so its just over two weeks since Season Tickets went on sale and just 2000 (10%) have been bought/renewed. This leaves two and a half weeks for the rest of the 20k to renew. There are varying reasons for this (most of which have been discussed) such as price, removed extras, change in staggered-payment agreement (reported as an extra fee of £79), people being paid at the end of the month, favourite players leaving and none coming in, disillusionment with the way the club handles things, new ticket holders having little choice of seats 'till June 14th etc. Also the novelty of the Walkers Stadium is fading. This coupled with outrageous individual match-day ticket prices could mean we see a significant drop in attendance next year. I know we all want to believe that we'll have the biggest crowd in Div 1 (or the Coca Cola Championship :roll: ) like last time, but is that really realistic?

<table border="1"><tr><td>Season</td><td>Average Attendance</td><td>Percentage Of Stadium Filled</td></tr><tr><td>99/00</td><td>19,827</td><td>92.2%</td></tr><tr><td>00/01</td><td>20,452 </td><td>95.1%</td></tr><tr><td>01/02</td><td>19,835 </td><td>92.2%</td></tr><tr><td>02/03</td><td>29,231 </td><td>89.6%</td></tr><tr><td>03/04</td><td>30,983</td><td>95.3%</td></tr></table>

Obvious really. I so badly want to renew my season ticket, but I dont want to watch a load of shit week in week out...........and im talking about the city side. According to many of you, my highlight for next year is Nalis....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Southern Fox said:
Obvious really. I so badly want to renew my season ticket, but I dont want to watch a load of shit week in week out...........and im talking about the city side. According to many of you, my highlight for next year is Nalis....nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

The point of watching your team is to stick with them, irrespective of whether their shite or not. You're there to support the club you love. I would watch us in any division because I feel that passionate about the club. Makes me laugh how fickle some fans are.....

As for the attendance issue, I can personally see the average attendance ranging from 15-20k. Single match day tickets are a disgrace, and the club are staying firm on this. To pay over £30 for a Division 1 game just beggars belief, and no argument can be supported in favour of that ridicolous pricing strategy.

If we get about 15k season ticket holders, then that would be considered a success. I personally can't see us reaching that - Possibly around the 12-13k mark.

How many real fans have Leicester City got? I'm talking about fans that go week in wek out regardless of how they are getting on.

I'd say about 13,000 to be honest.

I know that it is better to have 30,000+ crowds at the Walkers Stadium than 20,000 but doesn't it any you when the fair weather fans come out and talk like they know everything about LCFC.

It annoys me no end, I'm sure I'm not alone.

It is going to be horrible sitting in a half empty stadium, infact I don't think I can do it. I will probably just grab a pie and watch it on the tv down near the toilets in the ground.

It is awful seeing empty seats at large stadiums, looks shite.

it's happened at Derby etc. don't want it happening here!

I'll be getting my first season ticket at the Walkers next season.

I think the average attendance will be around the 26,000 mark, but there will be some games that we won't get that many and it'll be awful. :(

Lord_Cobley said:

I think the average attendance will be around the 26,000 mark, but there will be some games that we won't get that many and it'll be awful. :(
Having said that, The Man City replay was brilliant, the atmosphere was one of the best this season IMO

Craig said:
Lord_Cobley said:

Having said that, The Man City replay was brilliant, the atmosphere was one of the best this season IMO

I would agree with that. About 18,000 there that night, and it was a great atmosphere.

If the attendance drops much then all that will be left will be real Leicester fans and therefore a better atmosphere. It's all very well having a full house but isn't it quiet!

Joe_Fox said:
If the attendance drops much then all that will be left will be real Leicester fans and therefore a better atmosphere. It's all very well having a full house but isn't it quiet!

Hang on how does that work? If you have 32,00 fans and 15,000 are real fans that sing and then 17,000 quiet fans that make the odd bit of noise you will have a better atmosphere with 32,00 than 15,000 fans in the ground regardless of whether they sing as they would be in the crowd anyway if it was full? Do you get me?

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

Hang on how does that work? If you have 32,00 fans and 15,000 are real fans that sing and then 17,000 quiet fans that make the odd bit of noise you will have a better atmosphere with 32,00 than 15,000 fans in the ground regardless of whether they sing as they would be in the crowd anyway if it was full? Do you get me?

I get ya, load and clear Malf BUT the reason for this unnatural equation of noise is that when there are just 15,000 real fans in the ground they are more likely to sing than if they were tucked between two of these fair weather fans. For some reason the real fans don't sing as much when they are surrounded by these glory supporters. Dya get me?

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

yes, but you don't get the fair weather fans there saying.... 'shush' and 'sit down' at you all the time!! :shock:

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

I get ya, load and clear Malf BUT the reason for this unnatural equation of noise is that when there are just 15,000 real fans in the ground they are more likely to sing than if they were tucked between two of these fair weather fans. For some reason the real fans don't sing as much when they are surrounded by these glory supporters. Dya get me?

Good explanation, because you get funny looks by a lot of people.

Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

That's what I mean. They look at you in disgust, like you are a yobbo or something. I hate them, I really do. Do as Fran Healy once said - sing sing sing!

Joe_Fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

That's what I mean. They look at you in disgust, like you are a yobbo or something. I hate them, I really do. Do as Fran Healy once said - sing sing sing!

I think it is fair to say that many of the quiet supporters will be the ones who go and see city whatever division they are in. You can't measure lyalty by how many songs people sing. There will be lots of people my age who bought season tickets for the premier but won't renew for division one next season.

Scowcroft said:
Southern Fox said:

The point of watching your team is to stick with them, irrespective of whether their shite or not. You're there to support the club you love. I would watch us in any division because I feel that passionate about the club. Makes me laugh how fickle some fans are.....

As for the attendance issue, I can personally see the average attendance ranging from 15-20k. Single match day tickets are a disgrace, and the club are staying firm on this. To pay over £30 for a Division 1 game just beggars belief, and no argument can be supported in favour of that ridicolous pricing strategy.

If we get about 15k season ticket holders, then that would be considered a success. I personally can't see us reaching that - Possibly around the 12-13k mark.

Scowy,

I hope you are not calling me fickle!

That is a major insult. I missed 2 games all season and I have to make a 6hour round trip including the shitty mOnday night games. It aint easy or cheap £40 just on petrol!

I never said I would not renew and I will renew of course but as it stands at the moment I aint looking forward to it!

All the toys are out of the pram

SF

ps. Whatever happened to Scarborough Fox??

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

I do get you, but then if you look at it another way - are you a real fan if you let old poncy poo smugglers stop you from singin coz they've gave you a seafood stare?

Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

I do get you, but then if you look at it another way - are you a real fan if you let old poncy poo smugglers stop you from singin coz they've gave you a seafood stare?

Yes you are, real fans can be shy aswell, they don't all have to be these confident singers. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree Malf, nah sod that.

Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:

Yes you are, real fans can be shy aswell, they don't all have to be these confident singers. I think we are going to have to agree to disagree Malf, nah sod that.

I want a packed out crowd, we still make noise it's just the fact everyone has spread out since the move. The layout of the ground went to f*ckin f*ck, if it was changed and the kop was behind the other goal we'd be a monumental force again.

I think the layout is shit. I think all the singers need to be put together to create a real noise, not just a few muffled fart noises here and there.

Malf, witness history, General Chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758