August goal of the month

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Leicester City duo Harvey Barnes and Jamie Vardy are both up for the Budweiser Goal of the Month following their excellent strikes in August.

Barnes struck his first goal of the campaign in emphatic fashion at Bramall Lane on 24 August, coming on as a substitute to rifle a superb half volley past Blades goalkeeper Dean Henderson.

Vardy, meanwhile, expertly lobbed Bournemouth’s Aaron Ramsdale during last Saturday’s 3-1 victory at King Power Stadium to earn a place on the shortlist.

The full shortlist is as follows:

Teemu Pukki (first goal), Norwich City vs. Newcastle United
Douglas Luiz, Aston Villa vs. AFC Bournemouth
Rúben Neves, Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Manchester United
Harvey Barnes, Sheffield United vs. Leicester City
Harry Wilson, AFC Bournemouth vs. Manchester City
Ashley Barnes, Wolverhampton Wanderers vs. Burnley
Jamie Vardy (first goal), Leicester City vs. AFC Bournemouth
Sergio Agüero, Manchester City vs. Brighton & Hove Albion

Voting is now open to the public and will close at midnight on Monday 9 September.

Bastards have split the vote!

I dunno. Like the vards goal was ace but Pukki’s certainly had something about it. As did Barnes.

Voting with no bias, they’re the two of be torn between. Pukki might win it for the underdog factor.
It’s weird how different people see different goals, as Pukki wouldn’t even make top 3 for me.

I think Barnes should win it with Neves probably 2nd, Vardy 3rd and Wilson 4th.

It’s weird how different people see different goals, as Pukki wouldn’t even make top 3 for me.

I think Barnes should win it with Neves probably 2nd, Vardy 3rd and Wilson 4th.

Definitely interesting because they’re both ripping volleys. Although Barnes’ was better. Pukki deserves Kudos for his rise.

Harvey Barnes’ superb half volley against Sheffield United at Bramall Lane has been named Budweiser Goal of the Month for August.

The youngster came off the bench in South Yorkshire and made an immediate impression for the Foxes, connecting sweetly with the ball on the edge of the area and rifling a powerful effort past home goalkeeper Dean Henderson.

Barnes has made four appearances in all competitions so far this season, with City occupying third place in the top-flight as well as securing their passage to the third round of the Carabao Cup after beating Newcastle United on penalties.

A graduate of the Club’s Academy, Barnes was shortlisted for the award alongside seven other players, including Jamie Vardy, who netted a delightful lob in the recent win over Bournemouth at King Power Stadium.

Discussing the goal and his award, Barnes said: “I just knew I had to hit it! There were too many people in the box to take a touch so I think it was just all about keeping my eye on the ball and making sure the technique and the contact was right.

“It’s a great little award to pick up. I think when you get them goals you get a real adrenaline rush and I just headed to the corner to celebrate with the fans.

“Madders [James Maddison] and Hamza [Choudhury] all came over and jumped on me. Someone caught me on the head I think with a little headbutt, but it’s all part of the celebrations! The adrenaline is high, but it was a great feeling for me.”

I like it when footballers do something on pure instinct and then are forced to describe what they did as though they spent ages trying to come up with the idea of twatting a football as hard as they possibly could.

I like it when footballers do something on pure instinct and then are forced to describe what they did as though they spent ages trying to come up with the idea of twatting a football as hard as they possibly could.
Thankfully it wasn’t a Huuuummmmee type effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469